• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

8 games in... your new Premier league predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFUS

Anustart
Now that the season's well underway, and we've got a decent look at the new additions to the league -- players and teams -- how do you think the table will finish?

I'm going for:

Chelsea (Recent dip in form, and I think it will be tight, but they've got the first team quality and mentality to do it again)

Arsenal (Still don't have the mettle to win it, but when Fabregas comes back they'll be a force)

Man U (They're not doing too well now, and if this Rooney thing isn't fixed soon they'll be too far behind imo. If he does go, then I can't see them getting a suitable replacement this season, either)

Man City (It's all good now, but they're not a team and when they have a dip in form I don't think they'll have the character to recover properly. Also think having that many egos in the side is a recipe for disaster.)

-----------------------

Spurs (VDV will earn them a few places almost singlehandedly imo -- he's just that good.)

Everton (I think top 4 is possible, but any less than 6th is a failure imo. Villa are weak and the [Poor language removed] are... haha, well we saw what they are yesterday)

Liverpool (Torres is bound to start banging them in at some point, and when he does they'll start climbing again. Not enough quality to compete for 4th though)

-----------------------

Aston Villa (Good team, not great. Ireland was a poor replacement for Milner, and they're going to miss him)

Birmingham (Poor start, but they've got a good squad, great ethic and great manager. Not to mention some finances)

Bolton (Love how Coyle has turned them from the ugliest side in the league into a good team that play good football. Chung Yong Lee is ace -- he's in my fantasy team)

Stoke (Quite like Stoke. Sure, they have used some ugly tactics and football, but they've added some good additions and are playing good football now. Think they'll be comfortable)

WBA (Good football, good players, good additions. Staying up imo)

Fulham (Draws won't get you anywhere. Zamora will be missed as well)

Sunderland (I don't rate Bruce, personally. They've got some quality up front, but an average -- some might say even championship quality -- midfield and defence)

Newcastle (I'd love to see them go down, but they've got enough strength to survive comfortably imo)

Blackburn (Ugly football, nasty players and a prick of a manager. But they'll do okay, sadly)

Blackpool (Think they've got enough fight to scrape it. Hope they do anyway)

-----------------------

Wolves (Championship-quality squad, no talent or guile and people are getting privy to their rugby tactics)

West Ham (Destined for failure with those owners. And Scott Parker aside, they lack guile. If he got injured they'd be screwed)

Wigan (Good turn of fortune recently, but I think Martinez really is a chump. I can see it all imploding soon. Maybe January when N'Zogbia asks for a move again)

So, what about you guys? Who's impressed you? Who's been disappointing?

Good little club by club run down.

Although I really don't think Liverpool will finish 7th.

If we beat Spurs next week.....IT'S ON!!!!

Good little club by club run down.

Although I really don't think Liverpool will finish 7th.

If we beat Spurs next week.....IT'S ON!!!!

Thanks mate.

And I've learned, you never underestimate the [Poor language removed]. Never.

And yes, if we beat Spurs, then I'm bumping us from 6th to 1st.

Thanks mate.

And I've learned, you never underestimate the [Poor language removed]. Never.

And yes, if we beat Spurs, then I'm bumping us from 6th to 1st.

Oh, and I TOTALLY hear you about Lee Chung Yong.

The answer to our right side if ever I saw it.

Get it sorted Moysey!

*Waits for PM from LCAB that he promised~!

Oh, and I TOTALLY hear you about Lee Chung Yong.

The answer to our right side if ever I saw it.

Get it sorted Moysey!

*Waits for PM from LCAB that he promised~!

Haha. It's why I signed him for Everton on Fifa.

But then I replaced him with Eden Hazard. If only real life was like Fifa.

I can see Chelsea losing 5-7 and still run away with the title by 8-12 pts. Sucks that we started so awful this year, the prem has been bad that 2nd would have been a real possiblity.

Let's hope Henry still thinks that finishing in last gets you the no. 1 draft pick.

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man U
5. Spurs
6. Everton
7. Villa
God I don't know, looks bleak from here. Cant believe there are 2 teams Fulham and Sunderland with 6 draws and a bunch of teams with 4 draws. Its like every team is trying to draw there way right into the Championship.
Fulham (I could see any of these teams getting relegated or finishing 8th)
8. Fulham
9. Sunderland
10. Stoke
11 Liverpool
12. WBA
13. Bolton
14. Brum
15. Blackburn
16. Wigan -
17. Blackpool
18. NUFC
19 Wolves
20. West Ham.
19. Wolves
20 West Ham

1. Everton
2-19. Everyone else
20. Liverpool

Nailed on

For any RS fans lurking, this is not a serious post.

for all rs lurkers, ha!ha!

in all seriousness, great list. could see bolton and liverpool switch. would be really pleased to see it, too. and i think wigan will scrape a 17th this year, with blackpool going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back