Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

A favour...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Blues...

Moderator central has been a bit chaos recently. I think a combination of the weather, school summer holidays and the transfer window has fried a few brains...

Help us out eh?...

GOT should always allow fun, it should always offer escapism to some - moderators need to respect that, but you have to help us out.

- Everton Forum Threads. Help us keep them on topic, especially in the big threads like 'New Stadium Discussion', and 'Summer Transfer Window'. Some are taking the piss... please don't spam your own forum.

- Needless Angst. We're all Evertonians, if someone posts something you disagree with you can say so without being an arse. Give people, especially new members, the benefit of doubt. Too many are too quick to belittle, condemn or accuse. It's a real shame to see. I think digital conversation in general is becomingly increasingly divisive/partisan - let's try and buck the trend on here.

- Harassment. It doesn't sit right when a few 'gang up' in a collaborative effort to take the piss out of one or two. While I'm sure the intention is often for some fun/isn't malicious - there's a line which is sometimes crossed. When that happens moderators can knee-jerk...

- Reports. Moderators can't read every post, so we do genuinely really appreciate the reports. That said, some have got a little silly recently. Please swerve the tit-for-tat, it's obvious some are targeting members in attempts to have them banned.

Nice one.
Dan

Blues...

Moderator central has been a bit chaos recently. I think a combination of the weather, school summer holidays and the transfer window has fried a few brains...

Help us out eh?...

GOT should always allow fun, it should always offer escapism to some - moderators need to respect that, but you have to help us out.

- Everton Forum Threads. Help us keep them on topic, especially in the big threads like 'New Stadium Discussion', and 'Summer Transfer Window'. Some are taking the piss... please don't spam your own forum.

- Needless Angst. We're all Evertonians, if someone posts something you disagree with you can say so without being an arse. Give people, especially new members, the benefit of doubt. Too many are too quick to belittle, condemn or accuse. It's a real shame to see. I think digital conversation in general is becomingly increasingly divisive/partisan - let's try and buck the trend on here.

- Harassment. It doesn't sit right when a few 'gang up' in a collaborative effort to take the piss out of one or two. While I'm sure the intention is often for some fun/isn't malicious - there's a line which is sometimes crossed. When that happens moderators can knee-jerk...

- Reports. Moderators can't read every post, so we do genuinely really appreciate the reports. That said, some have got a little silly recently. Please swerve the tit-for-tat, it's obvious some are targeting members in attempts to have them banned.

Nice one.
Dan

Would reporting this post for swearing be out of line? xoxo

I've made use of the ignore function recently and it's been a great success. I'd encourage other people to do the same if you can't work out your differences with someone.

All give it a practice, click on my profile and click 'ignore' and watch how significantly your forum experience improves.

I've made use of the ignore function recently and it's been a great success. I'd encourage other people to do the same if you can't work out your differences with someone.

All give it a practice, click on my profile and click 'ignore' and watch how significantly your forum experience improves.

It's makes the forum experience worse for me.

I've ignored davek and regularly can't follow 20 page chunks of a thread at a time when he pipes up. Having all his drivel ignored just causes everything that's left to not make any sense.

I've ignored davek and regularly can't follow 20 page chunks of a thread at a time when he pipes up. Having all his drivel ignored just causes everything that's left to not make any sense.
In my opinion the forum allows him to draw far too much attention to his tedious agenda - to a degree where I don’t bother posting. Having him on ignore creates just the problem you describe.

I just use other forums instead. Have a good summer.

Completely agree. Every thread gets derailed

He agrees with me on Zaha so he gets a pass on anything else at the moment lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back