A good item in the TW mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan

Staff member
Black Watch?

IF, we ever DO move to whereever,(PLEASE PLEASE Bestway come up with a seriously doable plan) we should follow the The Arsenal example and have a retro kit for the last ever season. From the ToffeeWeb pages we see that the last kit colour worn at Anfield was the Black with Ruby sash and the first kit at Goodison was Blue and white stripes. My preference is for the Black. What think you?
Derek Thomas, Torbay New Zealand

I think this is a brilliant idea about the retro kit. I would lean towards the blue, but I think the idea really could have something.

Anybody else?

Think we should have a shirt especially made for that season and maybe goodison park and the dates embroded at the back.

I dont think the retro shirts will be a good idea, would be hard for the players in todays mordern world of football as they have specially designed shirts etc and cant see many buying shirts they have a similar version of.

Anyone notice that Arsenals' retro shirt season coincided with their run of no trophies?

I agree CT, the players will have enough getting used to their new surrounds as to also get used to a total alien kit. I thought it was too good to be true..............a decent article from TWlol lol lol

I think a special strip would be a great idea i would go for the moonlight dribblers strip all balck with the sash. For me we have the tradidtion and hertiage sao lets honour it. It will also give the opurtunity for younger blues to explore the hertiage and tap into the memerios and knowledge of older blues close to them about the traddition of the great club.

Not only this but their should be a celebration or event at every home game during the last season at Goodison celebrating the club, our living legendes, the community the fans and the club.

I think a special strip would be a great idea i would go for the moonlight dribblers strip all balck with the sash. For me we have the tradidtion and hertiage sao lets honour it. It will also give the opurtunity for younger blues to explore the hertiage and tap into the memerios and knowledge of older blues close to them about the traddition of the great club.

Not only this but their should be a celebration or event at every home game during the last season at Goodison celebrating the club, our living legendes, the community the fans and the club.

even when we get relegatedlol lol lol lol

I agree CT, the players will have enough getting used to their new surrounds as to also get used to a total alien kit. I thought it was too good to be true..............a decent article from TWlol lol lol

Yeah, 'cuz nothing can unsettle a club like a new kit! Never mind preperation, fitness the Refs, kits win and lose games.

Yeah, 'cuz nothing can unsettle a club like a new kit! Never mind preperation, fitness the Refs, kits win and lose games.

Actually, although it makes little logical sense, there's quite a bit of anecdotal evidence suggesting just that. The Gunners in their last season at Highbury in that retro kit. The [Poor language removed] last won the title in 1990, I believe it was the very next season they wore that kit with the 3 white stripes over the shoulder instead of their traditional unbroken red.

Growing up in South Africa, the team I supported wom the title 4 of 5 years in the early 70s - the one year they didn't was the one year they changed from white shorts to black shorts.

Go figure.

The retro shirt thing has been done, we need to think of something original.

how about a book, a book written by the people, "Memories of Goodison" no matter how big or small the contribution, it all goes in, no matter who it is from it all goes in, good memories of goodison park from the people that matter the most.

The People.

The retro shirt thing has been done, we need to think of something original.

how about a book, a book written by the people, "Memories of Goodison" no matter how big or small the contribution, it all goes in, no matter who it is from it all goes in, good memories of goodison park from the people that matter the most.

The People.

Rob - great signature!

goodison, non league games, seats removed, cram it and get it rocking like it remembers for one last time. even if its an everton fan site vs an everton fan site.

Status
Not open for further replies.