• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

A new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
We have seen a number of takeovers at prem clubs, some people call these takeovers 'investment', investment has to be seen to be believed, look at villa for instance, they have made a couple of signings, whilst letting some of the squad go, hardly earth shattering stuff.

Looking around at the clubs, i cant see the owners getting into 'pissing contests' with each other, at no point will it become a game of who can pay the most for a player, it doesnt make financial or managerial sense.

If English football is about to take off in the USA then i see the current takeover trend as a means of the 'money men' capitalising on a new market, as the premierleague takes another step towards being 'the' global footballing league, the opportunities for sponsorship and product placement become ever bigger.

With the new sky deal about to kick in, and the huge amout of televised live games being beamed around the world, football has evolved once more.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it isnt our game anymore.

We have seen a number of takeovers at prem clubs, some people call these takeovers 'investment', investment has to be seen to be believed, look at villa for instance, they have made a couple of signings, whilst letting some of the squad go, hardly earth shattering stuff.

Looking around at the clubs, i cant see the owners getting into 'pissing contests' with each other, at no point will it become a game of who can pay the most for a player, it doesnt make financial or managerial sense.

If English football is about to take off in the USA then i see the current takeover trend as a means of the 'money men' capitalising on a new market, as the premierleague takes another step towards being 'the' global footballing league, the opportunities for sponsorship and product placement become ever bigger.

With the new sky deal about to kick in, and the huge amout of televised live games being beamed around the world, football has evolved once more.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it isnt our game anymore.

It hasn't been ours since the advent of the premiership Suits, mores the pity. For all those looking forward to the day EFC goes the same way be assured that the new owner will look forward a with dripping salivating mouth to receiving an even greater share of your income:angry: :angry: :angry:

maybe i should have ended that piece slightly differently,

the premiership being the global product (not many of them are there) it now is, and tv revenue about to surpass clubs individual gate revenues (for the season) the business is once again moving up a gear.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the game that changed when sky invented the premierleague is about to evolve again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back