A strategic proposal for the long term success of Everton Football Club.

ste d' indica

Idleness is fatal only to the mediocre
Fellow blues, I think we all agree that as fans, we have a significant role to play in getting our club back to the heights worthy of our status and history.

Sometimes these commitments and sacrifices are hard indeed. For example, me and @JordanianEmbassy still hold season tickets despite living in Bristol, so having to trudge up to Goodison to watch tripe served up week in, week out is taxing indeed. But hell, we make our life choices, and some of our fans have incredible journeys to watch the team and if fortune favours them, have a good boo as well.

And speaking of journeys, this brings me to my idea. Not for the first time, a turn in Everton's fortune has been cosmically linked to me being elsewhere in the world and not giving the slightest f. about the game (also, FWIW, holliday finally pissing off coincided with my travels).

The inescapable fact is, I'm bad for Everton, and I need to be as far away from the club as possible.

@LinekersLegs will confirm that San Francisco wasn't far enough, almost - but the forces conspired to scupper an obvious win. A week later, my first full day in Hawaii, and in blissful ignorance we get our first point...

And now yesterday, my first full day on the island of Maui, and once again, while I completely ignore proceedings, we get that priceless win. This seems like the point at which an equilibrium is reached.

We must come together as fans to keep this momentum going.

I propose a subscription service, through this powerful forum, to 'Make Everton Great Again... By Keeping Ste on Maui'.

For a low donation everyone can play their vital part, I will remain here, far from friends and family, and my beloved Everton, and never risk our club's glory by returning. Everton will win the lot, and the fanbase will be united in success and harmony through this singular, shared mission.

'Keep Ste on Maui' - I'm prepared to do my bit for the club, are you?

I only like strategic reviews that comprise of 120 separate points and achieve absolutely nothing at all.

skysports-kevin-thelwell-everton_5686311.jpg

Fellow blues, I think we all agree that as fans, we have a significant role to play in getting our club back to the heights worthy of our status and history.

Sometimes these commitments and sacrifices are hard indeed. For example, me and @JordanianEmbassy still hold season tickets despite living in Bristol, so having to trudge up to Goodison to watch tripe served up week in, week out is taxing indeed. But hell, we make our life choices, and some of our fans have incredible journeys to watch the team and if fortune favours them, have a good boo as well.

And speaking of journeys, this brings me to my idea. Not for the first time, a turn in Everton's fortune has been cosmically linked to me being elsewhere in the world and not giving the slightest f. about the game (also, FWIW, holliday finally pissing off coincided with my travels).

The inescapable fact is, I'm bad for Everton, and I need to be as far away from the club as possible.

@LinekersLegs will confirm that San Francisco wasn't far enough, almost - but the forces conspired to scupper an obvious win. A week later, my first full day in Hawaii, and in blissful ignorance we get our first point...

And now yesterday, my first full day on the island of Maui, and once again, while I completely ignore proceedings, we get that priceless win. This seems like the point at which an equilibrium is reached.

I propose a subscription service, through this powerful forum, to 'Make Everton Great Again... By Keeping Ste on Maui'.

For a low donation everyone can play their vital part, I will remain here, far from friends and family, and my beloved Everton, and never risk our club's glory by returning. Everton will win the lot, and the fanbase will be united in success and harmony through this singular, shared mission.

Your self sacrifice will not go unnoticed

Sound logic.

I also think the POP that you had really helped.

If the entire fanbase would volunteer to eat a Hawaiian pizza prior to kickoff each match day simulating they were also with you on Maui, at least in spirit, perhaps we could erase our goal difference deficit?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back