A Trend With Every New Rafael Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called 'media training' clubs have been doing it for years with new signings.

"big club with a great history, want to be part of this project, know how much it means to the fans etc."
Which is why their words have become predictable and worthless. Surprised anyone still listens or pays attention to club media.

The Everton social media team make a point to include a quote by the player about how "big" of a club Everton is. Trying really hard to brush Rafael's previous comments further under the rug.

Just an observation.
Given the opprobrium a flippant throwaway dig caused, what, a decade and a half ago?...I'm surprised the players are not pointing out what huge penises the Everton fan base has.

This club is big Big BIG! If only our collective ego wasn't so fragile.

They are pointless these joining interviews, we all know they're given soundbites, every player says the same, no point whatsoever. They're not going to say bad things are they.

Yep. I’d like to see honesty.

‘The club is clearly on a downward trajectory and the fans have low expectations of myself and the team, which will save me having to pull my tripe out every Saturday.

I’ll go through the motions, rattle a few of the local tarts in the 5 star hotel I’m being paid to stay at and I’ll still get a huge permanent signing on fee as long as I fluke a goal v Brentford.’
Instant fan favourite the first player that said that

The other trend I have noticed is the amount of Twitter posts by the official account after a signing , no matter how big .
It used to be just 2 , one announcing the signing and another post telling us how big Everton are .
Now it's about 6 posts about the same thing .

Personal favourite was making James tell everyone that he was happy with the 3rd and 4th words on his announcement video ??

The Everton social media team make a point to include a quote by the player about how "big" of a club Everton is. Trying really hard to brush Rafael's previous comments further under the rug.

Just an observation.
I don't think this is one we can level at Benitez, its been going on for years. Even when we were an actual big club in the 80s I remember new signings trotting this out with regularity and I have always found it to be patronising bollox to be honest.

I'd much rather a new signing tell me in his first interview what his personal ambitions are and what he is going to do to achieve them at Everton. We know how 'big' or 'little' we are as a club, we don't need someone else to tell us, we just need the new boys to give us some sign that they haven't just come for the 'big' money.

Status
Not open for further replies.