2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair @TheBigIguana was one of the first to start calling out our play last season when it became apparent we were becoming negative and that this is sustainable.. but that fall was off a cliff, not piecemeal.

I didn’t get to watch the game, but what I have liked this season is that the intent to use the possession we have is positive and forward thinking whereas last year 35% was shared between our back line players. When the midfield got the ball they would turn and play back even when in space.

none of us want to see that mindset and if we see it creeping in again (and I think some of it has been so ingrained they having to unlearn it) then no issue calling it out as a warning that it needs to be fixed.

To be fair @TheBigIguana was one of the first to start calling out our play last season when it became apparent we were becoming negative and that this is sustainable.. but that fall was off a cliff, not piecemeal.

I didn’t get to watch the game, but what I have liked this season is that the intent to use the possession we have is positive and forward thinking whereas last year 35% was shared between our back line players. When the midfield got the ball they would turn and play back even when in space.

none of us want to see that mindset and if we see it creeping in again (and I think some of it has been so ingrained they having to unlearn it) then no issue calling it out as a warning that it needs to be fixed.
It has been trained over successive managers. It will take time to be unpicked, but the new style is much mor entertaining to Watch.

Every time I watch Doucoure I am amazed by his fitness levels. Perhaps he could become Rondon’s personal fitness trainer.
Knowing our luck , after a few weeks Doucoure would have a bend new set of pearly whites , be a stone over weight and will be running 100 meters in 20 seconds

Heart and soul of the team now. What he has added to us from an attacking sense this year is an absolute joy.

Clearly loving his time under the new boss and in the new system. Getting stuck into the United players when it kicked off as well.

couldn't be bothered waiting for the team coach back to Finch Farm so decided to run home instead. Got back to FF a few minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.