2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said this season and you’re bringing up the likes of Delph and gbamin who’s issues were long before this season. Of all the players you’ve listed most are available at time of writing, so, yeah, short term.

We get injuries mate. Like every other team. Richy and DCL have hardly been injured over the last three years, it’s not shocking to see them picking up niggles.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You said all the injuries were short-term.

He will miss circa 14 matches in that time, including matches against

Spurs home
City away
Satan home
Chelsea away

Also no Saturday 3 o'clock matches until 2022

Strap in lads going to be an interesting ride
Fear we were losing three of those anyway but agree.

The need for another midfielder was as clear as the need for another right-back

the people in charge of Everton are, again, to blame
Agree the squad is so so so badly assembled. One injury to a first teamer and we are done in that area.

The need for another midfielder was as clear as the need for another right-back

the people in charge of Everton are, again, to blame

Agreed. Terrible news for us. And I think we only have two fit senior central midfielders in Davies and Allan now. And the pair ain't the most convincing midfield pairing.

6/7 weeks out according to Romano which is a bit better.
11A320F9-AE6C-410F-9371-42C65452E9B6.png

Our season is already going the same way as last year. A strong 11 but poor squad that is exposed by injuries. A complete lack of depth caused by abysmal recruitment and no attempts to overhaul the playing squad. Results will now fall off a cliff and we'll end up in midtable irrelevance. At some point the club will maybe realise that what we are doing is strategically and consistently wrong. Until then I can't really be bothered with the current version of Everton. They will only let us down.

Shows how poor the depth is but I'd honestly throw Godfrey or Holgate into midfield and see how they do with Allan. I can't put up with 10 weeks or Tom Davies or Andre Gomes.
Godfrey's not a bad shout. He has the energy and the pace to cover the same amount of ground Doucoure has been. Probably a better tackler than Doucoure. OK his passing might not be the best, but then neither is Doucoure's.

6/7 weeks out according to Romano which is a bit better.
My fear is we miss him that much he comes back in 6 weeks and has to go straight in to the side, I`m sure bringing back players too early is the reason we have these longer term injuries to our key players! We just cant compete without them....

Status
Not open for further replies.