2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn’t any journalist ask Sam if he was wrong when he said Lookman wouldn’t learn anything, or get a game over there? Well we know why, but you get me point.
He was asked a couple of weeks ago and spat his dumny out saying he's spent most of his time on the bench and he would have been better off at Derby. Yeah, like we're all blind. He was then asked about their manager expressing an interest in buying him on a perm and he said everyone has his price. Yeah you too bozo. Six mill now sod off.

Germans are showing the english league up for putting faith in younger lads, both Sancho and Lookman couldn't get a sniff in English football yet both have become starters within months of joining 2 top 4 teams in Germany and both contributing to goals almost on a weekly basis.

Really shows why we have such an issue with progressing these talented young English age groups in to professionals as they all get binned off without an opportunity.

I hope for the sake of this club Allardyce is gone after Sunday, regardless of if Lookman want's to come back and play for him, if he get's the opportunity his style will still be stifled by horrific dinosaur football management. How anyone could think that clown Bolasie has half the ability of Lookman is beyond me.

big rumours about brewster not signing a contract with the vermin and going to germany on a free

Absolutely has to be a key member of the squad next season.

Defenders hate playing against pacey forwards like Mola. Him on one side, Theo on the other, Gylfi in the middle, bobs your uncle.
I’d love to see us playing with a front 3 like they do over there. Onyekuru central, flanked by Lookman and Walcott. All 3 catch pigeons, have trickery and can create. I’d image defences would have an absolute nightmare playing against that, with a forward thinking new attacking coach.

I’d love to see us playing with a front 3 like they do over there. Onyekuru central, flanked by Lookman and Walcott. All 3 catch pigeons, have trickery and can create. I’d image defences would have an absolute nightmare playing against that, with a forward thinking new attacking coach.

Absolutely. I think the key for success in this league lies entirely on the front 4 having pace and dribbling ability. This should be our blueprint for future transfer from now on.

Well 20% of the PL want/need top 4, so wont trust youngsters, and have managers who are not arsed about long term development, (with a due nod to Spurs tbf).

Then 75% are terrified of being relegated, and will go for proven PL experience/inexpensive imports.

That leaves us. Lets do it Everton.
In fairness Klopp and Pep have been known to play youngsters too.

Well 20% of the PL want/need top 4, so wont trust youngsters, and have managers who are not arsed about long term development, (with a due nod to Spurs tbf).

Then 75% are terrified of being relegated, and will go for proven PL experience/inexpensive imports.

That leaves us. Lets do it Everton.

Your right on all cases and that the big issue with the premier league not just in the past 10-15 years but particularly since the tv revenue money has come in.

The emphasis has moved even further away from young talent. Chelsea have arguably the best youth setup going, regularly winning year on year yet none of the lads barely even get an opportunity to make the squad. City currently have the best young English talent around in Foden who would without a doubt be a starter for most sides in any of the german, spanish, dutch, belgian leagues even at 17.

The last bit and the nod to Spurs go hand in hand, we need to do something different we are in no man's land atm with no plan of where we want to go and no philosophy for getting there. Pochettino managed to bridge that gap at Spurs by astute signings made by the Director and him and developing the likes of Kane, Alli, Dier who just needed a chance, we need a manager and a DOF similar just a shame they're hard to come by.

big rumours about brewster not signing a contract with the vermin and going to germany on a free

Yup heard about that, can't say i know much about Brewster but heard he's highly rated. Can't really blame any of the young lads, they've probably known each other through various levels of the England set up and are seeing the success they are having abroad compared to limited chances here, can only see more and more being bought up by foriegn clubs prepared to give them a chance, times might be changing where English footballers actually want to go abroad to make a career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back