2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that right? Could have sworn Bolasie crossed for a goal or two
Bolasie created most of our goals in a period of games but ultimately they didn't go down as assists directly to him due to the nature of the play.

This is why stats are misleading.

You can get an assist for playing a 2 yard pass, the receiver then making a 40 yard run and rounding the goalkeeper to score - but winning a penalty scored by another teammate isn't an assist etc

Bolasie created most of our goals in a period of games but ultimately they didn't go down as assists directly to him due to the nature of the play.

This is why stats are misleading.

You can get an assist for playing a 2 yard pass, the receiver then making a 40 yard run and rounding the goalkeeper to score - but winning a penalty scored by another teammate isn't an assist etc

Mate common .... i know bolasie is dog turd becuase I can see what he does with my own eyes.... I also remeber shouting at the tv everytime he does something bad....... which is all the time

Julian Brandt
Marco Reus
Kinglsey Coman
Leon Bailey
Frank Ribery (even at aged 54)
Jadon Sancho
Josip Brekalo
Serge Gnabry
Ante Rebic
Max Philipp
Bruma
Emil Forsberg
Thorgen Hazard

Those are some of the left wingers playing in our joke league :) I don’t think any of them need lower themselves to the SPL at his point, and every single one of them is better than Bolasie, by a mile. No offense.

One thing I would guess at - whoever your new coach is will give Lookman a big role, because the lad has huge talent. Bolasie is a headless chicken.

None taken.

Don't bother spending millions on a winger. Just give this lad a run of games , all the attributes to be a top player so hopefully Silva sees this in him.

Mate common .... i know bolasie is dog turd becuase I can see what he does with my own eyes.... I also remeber shouting at the tv everytime he does something bad....... which is all the time
He legit did though. In 3-4 games on the bounce where nobody did anything, bolasie was the one putting the crosses in and forcing own goals or causing a scrap in the box ahead of our goals

There’s an excellent article on Lookman that fills the back page of the Sunday Times. Ok , it’s written by Rod Liddell, but he gets it right a lot, and does so here. I’ll pick out bits .
. Firstly a good description of his goals, assists and involvement in the Hertha Berlin v RB Leipzig games. I’ll assume all are aware of that.
. He’s out on loan because , apparently, he’s not good enough for Everton . But perfectly good enough for a much, much, better team than Everton. ( Hard to disagree with that though one person will.)
. Lookman baulks at Big Sam’s proposal to loan him to Derby, he believes he’s ready for the top level and wants to go to RBL.
. Big Sam is perplexed, far better to be clattered week in week out by Burton and Barnsley defenders, make a man of you son. Lookman goes to Germany . And what happens?
. Five goals from 11 appearances and a cornucopia of assista. Second place to Lewandowskiin terms of goals per minute.
.RBL play Lookman for between 45 min and an hour, time for him to strut his stuff, but accepting, too, that the player is still young and should not be wrecked by playing the full 90.
RBL want him permantly , reasoning that if Everton are stupid enough to loan him out for half a season they might also be stupid enough to sell him.
. Young players playing in the Championship may not be a proving ground for the exquisitely talented . It may in some cases do more harm than good.
. Leipzig’s approach , (is) a faith in the talent with an understanding of its physical immaturity .

Agree or disagree with him, it’s a good analysis of how RBL have got the best out of Lookman. Lookman, Davies and Dowell are not going to transform our team on their own but if we can adopt a RBL approach of using these players relatively sparingly, letting them play with freedom in their preferred roles then we could have an attacking threat next season which would leave behind the memories of this season’s dire performances.
This isn't rocket science though mate. It isn't just RBL's approach either, it's a policy most of the German clubs employ. It's no coincidence that over 60% of the players in the Bundesliga are German, compared to just over 30% premier players being English. If you look at regular starting XIs it will probably be less than 20%. No coincidence either that Germany are the current world champions, current Euro U21 champions, and joint favourites for the upcoming world cup.

I have made a number of posts suggesting this is the exact policy that we should follow next year as regards developing our players. I know others like Zat agree with me.

Hopefully this is the plan that Brands will adopt once he's had a good chance to look at the quality we have at the club, and the manager he appoints has one eye on youth player development through the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back