AJ Can Fire Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
efc__1156762878_johnson.jpg

David Moyes says Andy Johnson is the man to fire Everton into Europe.

The Blues' top-scorer with 11 goals this term, AJ has been in top form in recent weeks.

The manager believes Johnson is returning to peak condition after niggling injuries had hindered him earlier in the campaign.

"I think Andy has been on form but missed training at spells in recent weeks," said Moyes.

"We want him as sharp as he was at the start of the season and I can see signs he is getting back to that kind of form.

"If he keeps the goals going in the final games of the season it will really help our cause."

The England striker's contribution this term has convinced the Everton boss that his capture from Crystal Palace was a bargain.

He added: "Coming here has helped him and I think in today's market the price we paid looks cheap. But it is not his value that bothers me, it is him scoring goals."

Hes class, Easily England class and one of our best players, hope hes here for ages and his goals are important.

Come on Andy, fire us into Europe!

he needs the clever playmaker to be able to release him in the manner in which he is best at, the ball on the ground at or behind defenders at pace.

although he works well running down the channels looking to play others in or hold the ball up, crosses from wide arent the best for us at the moment, even with cahill playing - we lack an edge in opposition boxes with regards aerial threat.

arteta can provide some service, but opposition sides are sometimes doubling up on arteta or simply kicking him (blackburn FA cup game to name one clear occasion of this)

and with Arteta having given a recent interview

Evertonian’s will be worried to hear that Mikel Arteta has apparently told the Spanish press, that it would be a “dream” of his to play for Spanish team Atletico Madrid.

Atletico have shown an interest in Everton’s most gifted football player before but David Moyes was quick to rebuff interest shown in Arteta earlier on in the season.

However if Everton fail to match the ambitions of our better players it will be difficult to keep such talented players as Arteta, who no doubt wants to play European football on a consistent basis and be challenging for honours, making that sixth spot in the Premiership all the more important and making long term investment in the club all the more necessary if we wish to keep our best players and attract more good players to the club.

Arteta said:

"To play with Atletico Madrid has been my dream for several years," he told AS.

from satis.

we are coming to that point like last year where we all start getting worried about our better players being pinched in the summer.

I look forward to seeing both AJ and Arteta in the same team as young Nugent, they should gell like a Rolls Royce engine:P

Last edited:
See bloody scots are sniffing round Nugent, should do what Sidwell has done and tell them no way does he want to play in their small time league.

See bloody scots are sniffing round Nugent, should do what Sidwell has done and tell them no way does he want to play in their small time league.

Nugent wont go to that league.

Its shocking league, for players that want to end there career there without any fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back