AJ Confident

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_3067809,00.html
Andrew Johnson is confident that Everton can recover from their 2-1 deficit against Chelsea in the Carling Cup and reach their first major final in 12 years.

A late Joleon Lescott own goal handed the Blues a first-leg advantage a fortnight ago but Johnson is adamant that the Toffees have the fire power to turn the tie around.

David Moyes' side have won their last three Premier League games to move into fourth spot, just one place behind Wednesday's opponents, and have also seen goalscoring responsibilities shared throughout the team.

With confidence high and Chelsea currently without a number of key players, Johnson feels that the club are now in a great position to secure their first trip to Wembley since the 1995 FA Cup Final.

"The main thing now is to recuperate and get ready for the big one on Wednesday," the England international told Everton's official website.

"We have been in great form all season and scoring goals from all angles and we look solid at the back so hopefully we can continue that.

"It is fantastic for the club to get to the semi-final of the cup and the scoreline is close at the moment. Chelsea have lost quite a lot of players but so have we so it is going to be a tight game.

"It's going to be a fantastic atmosphere and if we can score early who knows."

Johnson grabbed his sixth goal of the season when he capitalised on a Titus Bramble mistake to open the scoring during the 2-1 Premier League win against Wigan on Sunday and was delighted to be able to help the club pick up three important points.

"It was a massive win as Wigan is a really tough place to come. We have lost a couple of boys to the African Cup of Nations so it has been tough the last couple of weeks but the boys have dug in.

"We have got great strength in the squad."

Hope we see him wheeling away with his 'A' sign a few times...

I hope that Moyes plays 4-4-2 and puts Vaughan on. I've seen enough on Sunday to convince me that this boy will be a winner for us on Wednesday.

Vaughan wasn't used to this horrible pitch at Wigan. Still seems like a fawn trying to find his legs though. AJ took his chance and did a good job in my opinion.

I thought Vaughan was excellent yesterday, he only had AJ up with him and it was nearing the end of the game as well, but he kept the ball well and pulled a few tricks. There was like one ball which he played really crap thats about it. I'd love to see him play as well.

i though Vaughan did well when he came on, took some of the pressure off. i remember one chance he tried to play AJ in but it was a bit too far in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back