Alan Brazils comments on Talksport this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaMoney

Player Valuation: £40m
Fans are calling for Brazil to be sacked after his comments about Robin Williams' death on his show this morning.

From The Independent website;

TalkSport has apologised on behalf of Alan Brazil, after the presenter stated live on air that he has “no sympathy” for suicide.

Speaking during a segment on his breakfast show this morning (12 August), Brazil implied that Robin Williams, who was found dead in his home yesterday (11 August), had been selfish in his apparent decision to take his own life, and said that the situation he left his family in was “diabolical”.

Brazil started by describing the moment he and his wife first heard the news, saying he initially thought Robbie Williams of Take That had died.

"And then when she said 'Robin', I thought, 'Oh, OK'. It didn’t hit me hard like it would if it had been Robbie, thank God it wasn’t."

"I believe he’s got a daughter as well, what’s she feeling like this morning?" he continued, despite his co-presenter attempting to steer the conversation back on track with a general comment about suicide never being "an easy matter".

Do you think he should be outright sacked for this, or re-educated, allowed to apologise and to continue with his job?

I quite like the Alan Brazil show I listen to it most mornings when I'm getting ready for work, I must of been in the shower when he said the comments above as I didn't hear them. No real excuse for them and considering the sensitivity of the subject I do think there is a good chance he will be axed for it.

I'm not usually easily offended. But I find what he has said disgusting, and disrespectful.
Depression is an evil disease and people often overlook it.

Money, fame, loved ones. Most people strive for this as their 'happiness'. So when we look at someone like Robin Williams it's hard to think why he would feel the need to end his life, leaving behind loved ones.

We know nothing about what he suffered, I personally know nothing about depression. Only those who suffer understand.
But it is something we can learn about, and it's cureable. We all have the ability to show love, and offer help to fellow humans.

Oh wow, people are still listening to talkSport.

He should count himself lucky, it seems he's never had to deal with such matters, going by these comments.

I think the fact Talksport has had to apologise for him speaks volumes, he should of apologised on his own show not long after his Twitter feed exploded with unhappy listeners.

I do think mental health and depression is becoming alot more aware of in everyday life now compared to say even 5 years ago, especailly to people who haven't had to deal with it directly. Maybe its a case of him being unaware of it due to his age, not that this is a valid excuse, I'm just trying it look at it from both angles.

he should be publicly executed as should anyone who listens to talksport, play some music instead you tits

Haha we have the radio on in the office all day, same songs 2 or 3 times a day, I only listen to it in the morning for a change as I don't really watch TV now 'Dating In The Dark' and 'Millionaire Matchmaker' have finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back