2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most points made on here are fair comments to be fair
But what I would point out is that it’s no good getting on the lads back all the time.
I’ve seen him play well at times and reading reports he’s meant to be decent in training.
Constantly getting on his back is not going make him play better is it.

1. when?
2. completely irrelevant

hes been lucky so far, there has been no getting on his back at matches yet, but the boos are inevitably coming unless theres a dramatic change.
he should not be starting games (and only getting off the bench as last resort).

Had one of those games yesterday. His utter lack of consistency in his performances kills him.

I disagree....he is very consistent. Consistently sh*t!

I've not slated him (other than to mates down the pub) and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt time and time again but he's just not good. I honestly don't know what his role is? He can't pass, shoot or take on players and I always thought he was quick.....he's not.

I know people like to say it tounge-in-cheek, but even still.. it's not correct to say that he's 'consistently sh*t' because that isn't accurate. He's offered shoots of hope a number of times (which managers obviously recognize even down to Ancelotti all of people) but the guy just seems incapable of putting in consistently positive and assured performances here, hence why 'inconsistent' is literally the best way to describe him..

He doesn't provide any sort of attacking threat whatsoever, minimal goals and assists can't beat a man with skill or pace. Very frustrating watching him play and I do believe it's a confidence issue with him, he has zero confidence in his own ability. technically a decent player but hasn't got match brains.

He'll be judged on goals and assists as he is part of the attacking set up and the stats in that regard are worse than damning, just out right shocking.

He did his absolute best apart from the rare assist and even rarer goal that performance was a typical iwobi game runs around doing nothing, take what we can for him and move on.

obviously recognize even down to Ancelotti all of people) but the guy just seems incapable of putting in consistently positive and assured performances here, hence why 'inconsistent' is literally the best way to describe him..

Thats a complete myth. I cant recall him ever doing anything over two consecutive games. He will do the odd something once in a game every 7 or 8 games(its virtualy impossible to never ever do anything) and because he has set the bar so low some are happy when he passes to a team mate. Its seen as a huge success that he found a blue shirt and we're celebrating it. Thats how pathetic alex iwobis time at Everton has become.
Pack it in with the he's shown signs. He's shown fck all in two years.

Haven't yet watched the highlights because it'll no doubt wind me up, but didn't he miss a massive sitter in the first half as well?
Oh lord, you have no idea.
This is from the Guardian’s minute by minute:
28 min Aaaarrrrgghhh! Gray isolates Ogbonna out wide, shimmies inside then skips outside – that was far too easy – and sticks a cut-back for Iwobi, only for the ball to pass between his legs while he smashes fresh air into the top corner. It’s a great finish, in fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.