2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the talk about his preferred position, he's even worse in the centre than he is as a winger. I'm still trying to get over how he played there against Burnley last year when we set the whole side up for him. Yesterday was just nowhere near good enough. He was barely involved but when he finally did get into a great position he completely panicked in front of goal.
Exactly when he has played ten how many assists and goals does he have? I can't think of many, very rarely does he slip anyone in all he does is run with it into traffic and take a few shots. You expect more than that for 35m. I would play Gordon and have him and Gray alternate on the left for now.

Your missing the point mate
His performances haven’t been good I know but getting on any players case isn’t going to improve them
Some players come good eventually.
Normally it’s called confidence and unfortunately he doesn’t have any. It’s the most important part of a footballers form
You’re right but there comes a point where enough s enough.
Every game he’s playing I’m hoping for that magic that we’ve been waiting for and it just never happens. He just continues to disappoint and even the most patient of supporters (and I consider myself one) will turn.
I’d also say if you’re not done with him yet you haven’t watched many games.

You’re right but there comes a point where enough s enough.
Every game he’s playing I’m hoping for that magic that we’ve been waiting for and it just never happens. He just continues to disappoint and even the most patient of supporters (and I consider myself one) will turn.
I’d also say if you’re not done with him yet you haven’t watched many games.
Oh believe me mate I’ve seen lots of games as I’ve been a season ticket holder for 45 years
I just don’t like to see a player with no confidence having the crowd on his back as it will go only one way anyway.
I don’t like to see any player getting Peter’s to be fair
I get what your saying as I feel the same way waiting for him to step up so I take your point

Oh believe me mate I’ve seen lots of games as I’ve been a season ticket holder for 45 years
I just don’t like to see a player with no confidence having the crowd on his back as it will go only one way anyway.
I don’t like to see any player getting Peter’s to be fair
I get what your saying as I feel the same way waiting for him to step up so I take your point
I haven’t been to a game live since pre Covid to be fair. Just watching on tv.
Is he getting stick? Obviously I’m just commenting on a forum which won’t do him any harm. (Unless he’s on GOT) ?

It's not his fault that we massively over paid for him but he is consistently poor. No idea if it could happen but I'd like to think we recruit in Jan and allow him out on loan (we'd likely have to pay a share of his massive wages though)

“Physical and mental strength are key - without them I might as well move on and do something different.”

Hang on….. surely this is the precursor to Mr Iwobi mutually terminating his contract?! Good for you Alex, it takes a true human being to be so humble.

oh and the Nigerian coach told me to tell you to stop sitting on the training balls as you make them egg shaped!

It’s like a pro golfer going onto the tee at the first hole at The Open and taking a fresh air shot. Just shouldn’t happen at elite level sport.
Maybe if the golfer had 40 thousand people screaming at him and the golf ball was coming at him at 20mph.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a bad miss but it’s not exactly the same is it

I was hoping, he'd continue his improvement, he showed earlier. But I think back to normal. We're stuck with him until his contact is up. No one will want to buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.