2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imperious today, a complete transformation from what we’ve seen before since he joined. If he plays like that half the time from here on we’ve got an excellent player that we never knew we had. Prove the doubters wrong young man, I will happily eat as much humble pie as humanly possible if it’s for the good of the team. A revelation, please use this as the benchmark.

Never saw the game today as ironically I was in a horror themed escape room instead of goodison. But am I hearing this correctly that Alex iwobi not only ran around a lot but actually had a good game?

He had a passing accuracy in the high 80s, did some great tackling and pressing and was still putting in sprints in the 90th minute when we were 3 up. Despite a lot of good performances from other players many picked him as MOTM.

Cross fingers Lampard has given him some confidence and, coupled with the crowd reaction to him today, he can carry that form on.

It's really been up to him always how good he wants to be. He's not a bad player at all. in fact, he's quite a good player. He's just so absolutely inconsistent it's just so deflating for him. He was the best player on the pitch as a wingback under Ancelotti then never played there again.

A good performance from Iwobi and I've never seen him run so much. Put in some strong tackles and outmuscle Leeds players as well.
I'm gonna be a party spoiler and say I have seen it all before. New manager comes in, he will put in 1 or 2 strong performance like this, manager starts believing in him, media praises him.....and then months of bad performances.

I think Iwobi will start next week, considering Gray is probably still injured (or precaution) and I hope he can put in the same performance. But I'm not expecting him to.

He did alright in parts today. But he’s starting from such a low level he could hardly do anything else. A bit like Gomes. He plays the odd good game and lads are creaming themselves.

He ran around and fought … which for him constitutes haveing a good game . He still didn’t produce much , was poor with the ball and I didn’t think he played that well. He worked hard that all, and that should be the minimum requirement of someone who’s form has been poor , cost 30m and has not strung 2 decent games together since he’s been here

Status
Not open for further replies.