2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't fault his effort this season but let's be honest, he's nowhere near a £40million player or even a good PL player, he's championship level probably okay as a backup player but should not be a first starter for us unless we're happy with relegation battles

Can't fault his effort this season but let's be honest, he's nowhere near a £40million player or even a good PL player, he's championship level probably okay as a backup player but should not be a first starter for us unless we're happy with relegation battles
I know I have been laughed at before for this, for me he is technically very good one of our best..
Maybe it's needing to be believed in by management shown through regular game time, he has had that in particular under Lampard. I'm back on the fence about him, with cushion.

We’re not going to replace our entire squad over the summer. As much as that is desirable for most of us on here it won’t happen. We have so many players who have hidden when the [Poor language removed] hit the fan, and Iwobi wasn’t one of them. Played wherever he was asked to but often derided when unsurprisingly he was found wanting. What about those players who always play in their preferred position but have continually made us a laughing stock. We play Allan, Doucs, Gomes and get murdered by teams that play with 2 in midfield. I don’t think any of our midfielders are actually good enough for this club but for the next couple of seasons we’re at least stuck with some of them. I’d rather one of those was Iwobi because at least he will work for the manager and not go missing every match.

This guy has somehow ended the season as one of my favourite players. His performances in centre mid and wing back have been fantastic.
Fantastic compared to the rest of our team or fantastic as in he is a guaranteed starter next season?

He is improved, but I still hope we have better next season.

Fantastic compared to the rest of our team or fantastic as in he is a guaranteed starter next season?

He is improved, but I still hope we have better next season.
Depends on whether we improve centre mid or not. Right now, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.