2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
A squad option from the bench if there are younger/better legs around him which the club have now brought in. It seemed pointless letting him leave on loan as he’s gone at the end of the season anyway, especially at the rate Everton player’s limbs and muscles explode

I think he’s always been a good player that’s been sort of a victim of the systems. Probably a bit too slow for the PL to play the position he was originally brought in for but I’d still have him quite easily as our 4th choice midfielder at the minute, I could even see a 3 of him, Onana and Gana starting on the weekend.

Still think he’s very useful to this squad, especially now with Gana and Onana in, having basically a starting trio of Onana, Gana and Iwobi and then the backup where you can kind of go like for like with Doucoure, Allan and Garner is ideal for us in my opinion.

If he and Doucoure weren’t on probably high wages I’d definitely look to give them another year on their deals, obviously assuming this system works this year. Those 2 certainly have the quality to play at this level for a few more years, it’s just about showing it.

Hopefully as a byproduct it means the end of the Everton careers of Davies and Gomes at least, and realistically even if Doucoure and Allan both leave come the summer too I’m sure we’ll be able to replace them for cheaper wages.

Think he'll look a lot better next to some high energy mids, if pressed into service, than he did next to plodders. Hoping he finishes strong with us and lines up a quality swansong.
People act like he can't move. He's a good player and a good progressive passer. Ideally we'd have moved him on but if he's staying then he should be used. Honestly he should play on Saturday if Gana's not ready.

I think that late in a game and in league cup matches he'll be a good option. At least he tries to move the ball forward and has always had a good attitude. His mobility must frustrate him - not sure if it's always been an issue.

I think that late in a game and in league cup matches he'll be a good option. At least he tries to move the ball forward and has always had a good attitude. His mobility must frustrate him - not sure if it's always been an issue.
Used to just teleport around the pitch exploding people, and cleanly more often than not. We got that player early on, but he's just not the same when he has a niggle, and he picks up more of them these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.