Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means the £80k a week they're offering isn't enticing enough for him to pull his tripes out for the club and look to improve season on season.

Don't care if he's a mercenary at this stage, just get him in if it's possible. If he's any good he'll be at City in 3 years and we'll have made a nice profit.
He wants to challenge for trophies. We've promised him that we'll be challenging for the Championship in the next 2 years.

Can see it now we agree terms with the player no problem and then we try to renegotiate the deal already agreed with west ham and that's where it falls through. Sure we've agreed deals with a few players this Summer and failed to agree with the club..

Not sure what "conducive to player development" means? He wants a bunch of heavy bonuses or something?

Not sure why West Ham would chase him all summer, offer 35 million for him then lowball him on the wages. How ridiculous could his demands be?

He probably asked how much he'll play and they said not much until next year when they sell Rice

It absolutely stinks of him using us to broker a better deal with WHU. Can't see any reason why he'd choose us over them.

He gets a better deal. WHU get their man. Everton get to say "we tried"
I'm as cynical as the best of them, but that argument falls down on the simple fact that Everton is and always has been a much bigger club than the admirable West Ham United - oh, and also the words being used to suggest that the player prefers a move to Goodison are not words that one can easily walk back if using Everton as bait for a bigger West Ham deal.

Sometimes, even Everton Football Club can pull.

It absolutely stinks of him using us to broker a better deal with WHU. Can't see any reason why he'd choose us over them.

He gets a better deal. WHU get their man. Everton get to say "we tried"
Been hearing this take from Evertonians all day despite the fact that multiple reputable & respected journos are reporting that we are his likely destination at this point. No real reason to believe otherwise is there?

As i said earlier today, we haven't half become a cynical lot..

I'm as cynical as the best of them, but that argument falls down on the simple fact that Everton is and always has been a much bigger club than the admirable West Ham United - oh, and also the words being used to suggest that the player prefers a move to Goodison are not words that one can easily walk back if using Everton as bait for a bigger West Ham deal.

Sometimes, even Everton Football Club can pull.
As much as I'd like to believe we "pulled" I think it is more likely he sees us as a place with a gaping hole in midfield that he can fill for every match

Coming days??? So that's another one that will drag for days...not sure why we are so inefficient in dealing with transfers...its either accepted or not.
That or he literally just doesn't know anything else beyond what's already been reported by his colleagues and its just an innocent 'let's see what happens' comment..

Coming days??? So that's another one that will drag for days...not sure why we are so inefficient in dealing with transfers...its either accepted or not.
You’d suspect that transfers aren’t as straightforward as you’d experience on the likes of FIFA or whatever, especially with our situation.

If he’s the player we want, I’d rather it be completed with a deal that suits us rather than rush and perhaps not get the best terms.

You’d imagine it’s the same with Gana.

Its like waiting for Xmas day and hoping you get everything on your list only to be disappointed on the day, hope I'm wrong just need to get a move on don't want to be the big news day on Sky on the last day of the window as that will be 5 games into the season

Not sure what "conducive to player development" means? He wants a bunch of heavy bonuses or something?

Not sure why West Ham would chase him all summer, offer 35 million for him then lowball him on the wages. How ridiculous could his demands be?

Got to be guaranteed minutes & release clause for champions league club etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.