Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does very much have the feel of agent getting a better deal for their player
The why is there a plethora of journalists and everton connected writers reporting about us bidding? Surely they wouldn't all do that without some indications of the vailidity of these reports from EFC?

JFC I am not saying we're nailed on or anything, but this seems cynical for the sake of it.

"West Ham people on Twitter"? So... fans?

None of us have the faintest clue what's going on with Everton, yet people insist on acting like fans of other clubs are properly clued in.
It's more that it is incumbent on the club to start proving that they follow through with these things. We have always used fake interest and phantom bids and been used as a favourite club of agents to get better leverage for their clients.

Don't think any of us would feel that way if Kenwright et al weren't still involved. It's the timing that gets me. Seems a good way to quieten down discontent ahead of us being on TV, keep us hanging on until the end of the window and then bring in bargain basement filler claiming we tried. Then we get to January in desperate need and suddenly all that €40m (or at least the down-payment thereof) has totally vanished, almost as if it was never there to begin with. Also doesn't help that in the UK it is the pro-kenwright Joyce and King who are the ones running it.

Hopefully this will be a turning point for us, but the club does have a certain MO.

The why is there a plethora of journalists and everton connected writers reporting about us bidding? Surely they wouldn't all do that without some indications of the vailidity of these reports from EFC?

JFC I am not saying we're nailed on or anything, but this seems cynical for the sake of it.
There's at least enough substance to the story to suggest the bid is real. He may or may not choose West Ham but what's genuinely good news regardless is that we appear to have some budget to spend.

It's more that it is incumbent on the club to start proving that they follow through with these things. We have always used fake interest and phantom bids and been used as a favourite club of agents to get better leverage for their clients.

Don't think any of us would feel that way if Kenwright et al weren't still involved. It's the timing that gets me. Seems a good way to quieten down discontent ahead of us being on TV, keep us hanging on until the end of the window and then bring in bargain basement filler claiming we tried. Then we get to January in desperate need and suddenly all that €40m (or at least the down-payment thereof) has totally vanished, almost as if it was never there to begin with.

Hopefully this will be a turning point for us, but the club does have a certain MO.
It's not a good way to quieten discontent though is it? People always say it, but it's actually a terrible way to quieten discontent - people who were pretty much at peace with us having no money/wiggle room suddenly get excited at the prospect of us splashing the cash only for it to be snatched away at the last second. Then people naturally start to ask why on earth we didn't spend the £30m earmarked for him on someone else. It breeds discontent rather than quietens it.

It's not a good way to quieten discontent though is it? People always say it, but it's actually a terrible way to quieten discontent - people who were pretty much at peace with us having no money/wiggle room suddenly get excited at the prospect of us splashing the cash only for it to be snatched away at the last second. Then people naturally start to ask why on earth we didn't spend the £30m earmarked for him on someone else. It breeds discontent rather than quietens it.
Yeah I get that, but let's face it, the club regularly makes all kinds of baffling decisions. And they have done this in the last on several occasions.

Think my favourite is still the £14m Negredo 'bid' at 9pm on deadline day while he was actually playing a match for Sevilla ?

Assuming we don't sign him...

Status
Not open for further replies.