Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that'd be a great window.

Basically Onana, McNeil and Broja 20,21,20 would give us along with Gordon an incredibly young group of quality players

Outside possibility of Gallacher/Gilmour late in the window too. Patterson and Mykolenko (23 & 20) in January. Dobbin, Brainthwaite and Onyango with decent loans. It looks like the beginnings of a plan if we can complete on said deals.

So I'm going to probably show up as very naive but I'll just come out with it.

How can we afford him? Would seem a quality signing from all reports but...... aren't we skint?

The club know the PL aren't serious about FFP and have decided to just go for it again. Burnley backing down helped.

Moshiri doesn't want another season of struggle and is backing Lampard.

Isn't this cat injured and out for a good few weeks with a tendon injury. How's he gonna pass a medical?

A medical can be as thorough as the club choose. Course they do all the routines checks but they'd have a good look at injuries and see if there is any sign of further damage. If the club really want him they'll have him though.

I don’t think there’d be much in it to be honest. I’ve said the same plenty of times in reverse, people get hung up on last years league placing and whatever but that’s probably about 1% of what interests the player. Wages, opportunities, how wanted they feel, who they’d be working with etc are all bigger things than who finished higher last year. The London thing can definitely be a factor but obviously it works both ways too, not everyone likes big city life.

This is it.

We are all fans, who (certainly in my case) spends hours a week thinking about the game in minute detail. For players it's a job. They are going abroad. I doubt hes really heard of West Ham or Everton. And the difference between 16th to 8th is really not that important.

This is it.

We are all fans, who (certainly in my case) spends hours a week thinking about the game in minute detail. For players it's a job. They are going abroad. I doubt hes really heard of West Ham or Everton. And the difference between 16th to 8th is really not that important.
I think you're underestimating the global appeal of the premier league. Its possibly the most watched and most popular sports league in the world. Young players will know all about the teams. If the lad comes here I think it will be because he thinks he will go straight into the team. This will be about playing regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.