Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osman could be talking nonsense of course!

I can't see how a professional coach and manager can get that far in the game thinking a team would face 3 set pieces a game. It just doesn't add up to me.

We seemed to do neither last season...

Baines mentioned on TV that people weren't assigned roles at corners (he was acting as a pundit). He said they were meant to sort it out themselves.

Baines mentioned on TV that people weren't assigned roles at corners (he was acting as a pundit). He said they were meant to sort it out themselves.
Is that unusual?

Any team I have played in (Never played in the premier league to be fair...yet) we would usually sort it between ourselves.

This a joke? Spent 15million on Oumar Niasse, and had agreed a deal for Ahmed Elmohamady before he left.

He had stones, lukaku, barkley, coleman, baines, jagielka, mccarthy & barry at his disposal and he managed x2 11 placed bottom half 40 something point finishes. Hes an awful manager, and talked absolute rubbish.
he claims he didnt eat on match day so the blood could be used for his brain rather then his digestive system.

Is that unusual?

Any team I have played in (Never played in the premier league to be fair...yet) we would usually sort it between ourselves.

A casual comeback on the presenter's questioning. Seemed to cause some kerfuffle as, at the time, a corner against us was virtually a goal.

It amazes me that people believe the set pieces thing. There is no way on earth that he never practiced set pieces. He may not have held them in very high importance but he would practice them.

Distin was binned off after a few months. Coleman and Baines were not known for the defensive work as much as going forward and McCarthy and Barry being there allowed them to bomb on.

There were some bad signings of course, every manager has them. Kone gets unfairly thrown in that group, he got a horrific injury in his debut.

His biggest mistake was not binning off Howard when he was basically conceding from every shot on target.

He was rightly sacked by the way, once the fans turn you are doomed. Shame though, could have been great.
I could see what Martinez was trying to do, very much a similar set up to what we have now. It was stubbornness that got him sacked. We weren’t that far off anything in his ‘poor seasons’ but just a bit more tactical noise, a bit more bravery to say okay, plan A isn’t working right now. Let’s go back to plan B and get the basics done and grow.

His time was up for that reason. It got stale, never really in trouble but never progressing or showing signs of it. Just pure stubbornness. For all the uproar about plastic fans whingignnabout playing direct or long, nobody cares if it is required in the game.

A shame really as I do think he is one of a few in football that is a genuine person and I do genuinely think he bought into the place and loved it here.

Maybe it was a bit too soon for him, maybe it was a certain level he needs to get past.

Clearly more of an issue than just faxing a piece of paper over. Lille have probably decided to ask for more up front at the last min and Everton are panicking and trying to tempt Dickson Etuhu out of retirement.

Reactions: FTY

Status
Not open for further replies.