2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help myself getting involved in this 'top 6 conspiracy'. I can't stand Murphy any more on MOTD, but it's incredible, just incredible, how animated and opinionated they are for all the VAR decisions - except - surprise surprise - the foul on Onana. And I was looking for some expert reasoning about why they thought it was the right decision? Nothing. Just an opinion. The other stuff was analysed etc, this one 'I think the referee got it right'. It's easy , very easy to believe that decisions are loaded in favour of the top 6. And this is me giving an opinion after cooling down, and thinking about several decisions over several months. Sue me.

Fellaini played well as a CM and played up top because he was tall...and that was when we had a couple of strikers to choose from.

Cahill (not as tall) also did the same.

Not exactly new ground being broken is it?

We have no target men, if you remember. Lateral thinking is required.
Fellaini didnt play up top because he was tall. If that was the main criteria we might as well be throwing Mina up there.

I can't help myself getting involved in this 'top 6 conspiracy'. I can't stand Murphy any more on MOTD, but it's incredible, just incredible, how animated and opinionated they are for all the VAR decisions - except - surprise surprise - the foul on Onana. And I was looking for some expert reasoning about why they thought it was the right decision? Nothing. Just an opinion. The other stuff was analysed etc, this one 'I think the referee got it right'. It's easy , very easy to believe that decisions are loaded in favour of the top 6. And this is me giving an opinion after cooling down, and thinking about several decisions over several months. Sue me.

Disgraceful decision by ref and why it was not referred to far by the ref, already most of the media is rushing to poor VVD's defence, including the red Echo, one of their "Journalists" insisted incredulously, Virge caught him on the foot. Can't wait for Dermot Gallagher to tell us the yellow was too much. If this was the other way round the witch hunt against Onana would be in full swing by the reds and their media. Scrap var.

Think we need to drop the "chuck him up front " shouts.
He's not Fellaini.
Leave the lad where he is , he offers way to much to be shunting him around. We'll see plenty of times he arrives in the box.
As we saw yesterday once Gana came on he could play his natural game.
It's a very long time since we've had a player with his presence in midfield.
Maybe we should be comparing him to Vieira .. I mentioned Fellaini myself but the box to box version… Onana still needs to show he can find the net before with some late runs before we get too carried away though..

Disgraceful decision by ref and why it was not referred to far by the ref, already most of the media is rushing to poor VVD's defence, including the red Echo, one of their "Journalists" insisted incredulously, Virge caught him on the foot. Can't wait for Dermot Gallagher to tell us the yellow was too much. If this was the other way round the witch hunt against Onana would be in full swing by the reds and their media. Scrap var.
You know it’s a bad one when he’s going over to the player, if that’s only a yellow then onanas yellow isn’t even a foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.