2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomes Gbamin Delph. In theory sounded a good middle 3 in reality it has turned into a nightmare for them all. A combined £60 million and they've never been able to play together. That summer window was almost as bad as the famous Koeman/Walsh window when you add in we also signed Iwobi and Kean. 2 years on Gbamin and Delph injury prone and Gomes totally lacking confidence.

I think it had been practised on the training pitch
His weakly raised arm before the kick indicates to his team-mates it will be the weakly kicked corner

Coming on for a 15 minute cameo in a game we are winning and he looks ok.

Starting in a game, against any team, where the onus is on him to step up, and he looks frankly rubbish.
It's a mystery. For me he played his way into a starting spot against villa with his performance against Burnley and now he's played his way right back onto the bench.

It's a mystery. For me he played his way into a starting spot against villa with his performance against Burnley and now he's played his way right back onto the bench.
Played in the wrong position with the wrong partner. He needs to be on the left with richarlison and digne to make use of his talents.

Played in the wrong position with the wrong partner. He needs to be on the left with richarlison and digne to make use of his talents.

Right, so he needs not only Allan and Doucoure alongside him to do all the running, but also Richarlison in front of him on the left, and Digne behind him on the left, and he needs to basically just be put in that little position in amongst all of these specific players to even look like a half competent footballer?

I have another theory - he just isn’t very good.

Allan
Doucoure Gomes​

is not the worst midfield 3 ever, as said above he is best when making triangles with Digne and Richarlison on the left hand side!

Status
Not open for further replies.