Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed the chairman comes to his senses.

My issue with Everton isn't the way they're handling this specific transfer, it's that our biggest and most important signing of the window is the one involved in this transfer. It's just so late in the window and so risky for us. If you're not confident of a deal being pushed through, then why not try and sort it or leave it ASAP so we have longer than about 2 days to get our 2nd choice?

It's because that's exactly how the transfer window - and in particular TDD - works for everyone. All clubs play the game. Roydo's source suggests Kiev bossman is 'pondering the offer' - we should probably read for that 'waiting for a better offer'. After all that has been said here about agreements to release him and Yarm begging to come to the PL, does it make any sense that 'take it or leave it' means Kiev will simply walk away if there are no other bids? Unhappy player, plus no real prospect of cash in at the next window...

So it looks like we wait - and in the meantime RM will be lining up a plan B that will possibly go all the way to the wire on TDD, so if Yarm fails, we pull the trigger at the 11th hour, and if Yarm comes in, the poor plan B is stood down. That's the way every TDD has worked as far as I can tell... a disproportionately high number of deals concluded on the day.

It's because that's exactly how the transfer window - and in particular TDD - works for everyone. All clubs play the game. Roydo's source suggests Kiev bossman is 'pondering the offer' - we should probably read for that 'waiting for a better offer'. After all that has been said here about agreements to release him and Yarm begging to come to the PL, does it make any sense that 'take it or leave it' means Kiev will simply walk away if there are no other bids? Unhappy player, plus no real prospect of cash in at the next window...

So it looks like we wait - and in the meantime RM will be lining up a plan B that will possibly go all the way to the wire on TDD, so if Yarm fails, we pull the trigger at the 11th hour, and if Yarm comes in, the poor plan B is stood down. That's the way every TDD has worked as far as I can tell... a disproportionately high number of deals concluded on the day.
The owner might be waiting for a better offer because he doesn't want to get mugged off. It could be a pride issue for him and if so he won't sell unless a bigger club than us comes in or we meet his valuation.

What we should do in my opinion is give Kiev the £15m now and let them have him until Jan for the CL. I think they'll sell him then. Pre contract agreement with AY.

The reason I say this is because I don't think we'll get in another Yarmolenko like signing if we don't sign him anyway.

Right, renewed optimism here.

I think it's exactly as @roydo detailed.

Think we'll sign him Friday/Saturday. If I were Everton and this is the case, I'd have put a deadline on the offer until Friday and be actively looking at others right now too.

My money is on him signing on the dotted line Friday night, but we should know one way or the other by Thursday as I think we'd have to apply for a work permit for him by then.

Fingers crossed. Everton being Everton though, as much as I'd like to believe Plan B and Plan C are raring to go, I can't help but feel like we'll end up with Plan Z.

Which is Naismith.

If their owner is waiting for a bigger club to come in and offer more money, then I think he's kidding himself. A so called bigger club won't be blagged, they'll just tell Yarmolenko to see the remaining 6 mths of his contract out, and they'll give him a huge signing on fee when his contract finishes.

What we should do in my opinion is give Kiev the £15m now and let them have him until Jan for the CL. I think they'll sell him then. Pre contract agreement with AY.

The reason I say this is because I don't think we'll get in another Yarmolenko like signing if we don't sign him anyway.
Yarmolenko is the kind of player that we don't get a chance to sign very often. Obviously it wouldn't be great for our season and it might not be something Yarmolenko would actually want but if we can't afford it for whatever reason then I think we should consider something like this.

We certainly won't get him on a free or even in January.

If their owner is waiting for a bigger club to come in and offer more money, then I think he's kidding himself. A so called bigger club won't be blagged, they'll just tell Yarmolenko to see the remaining 6 mths of his contract out and they'll give him a huge signing on fee when his contract finishes.

Depends on injuries and desperation.

If United went and had a proper bad result this weekend and Mata got crocked, they'd be looking for someone in and Yarmolenko would be high on the bill of "possibly great players, bit of a risk but not a bad price tag" options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back