Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
-----------------Howard---------------
Coleman---Stones----Jags----Baines
-----------------Besic------------------
--------McCarthy------Barkley---------
-----Yarmz------Rom---------Kev-------

That's some starting 11, and it doesn't even have Del in it!!!

actually nice to have a hard few choices though mate innit?
Yeah. To be completely honest, I wouldn't mind Barry playing in that team. He does still read the game better than pretty much anyone in our team, makes a lot of interceptions etc... And he'd have so much movement and so many options around him that I think he'd struggle to give the ball away

I honestly have no idea what Bobby's plan is. By all accounts Yarmolenko is comfortable enough off the striker, on the left or even as a makeshift striker. But you don't go and sign someone for £15m to play them out of position, do you?

I imagine he'd be RW then. Surely we haven't locked Kev down on a long term contract to be rotating or on the bench though? You'd think Kev would be on the left, but then Bobby never seems to play 2 wingers. Maybe a 4-3-3 is on the cards if we're trying to be more counterattacking? Perhaps the way Barry played against Southampton is indicative of this, with him anchoring the midfield and having any 2 of Clev/Ross/McCarthy playing further forward to his left/right.

Ultimately it will be very exciting to see what the plan is. I have no doubts Deulofeu is a squad player and given our injury record we can't have too many wingers, but with all the talk of a number 10, it seems odds that said player might ultimately be another right winger. But if we were to move away from the 4-2-3-1 and not actually play with someone directly behind Rom, but rather 2 wingers supporting him and them 2 more central midfielders just behind that (eg like the Southampton game) then it might make sense.

-----------------Howard---------------
Coleman---Stones----Jags----Baines
-----------------Besic------------------
--------McCarthy------Barkley---------
-----Yarmz------Rom---------Kev-------

In all seriousness, the keeper could be improved and Besic is still a bit raw...
But that side should be able to challenge for honours.
The backup is key in this league and in Del, Cleverley, Barry and hopefully Funes Mori, we are getting stronger.
Must keep Stones and add Yarmolenko though first!

I honestly have no idea what Bobby's plan is. By all accounts Yarmolenko is comfortable enough off the striker, on the left or even as a makeshift striker. But you don't go and sign someone for £15m to play them out of position, do you?

I imagine he'd be RW then. Surely we haven't locked Kev down on a long term contract to be rotating or on the bench though? You'd think Kev would be on the left, but then Bobby never seems to play 2 wingers. Maybe a 4-3-3 is on the cards if we're trying to be more counterattacking? Perhaps the way Barry played against Southampton is indicative of this, with him anchoring the midfield and having any 2 of Clev/Ross/McCarthy playing further forward to his left/right.

Ultimately it will be very exciting to see what the plan is. I have no doubts Deulofeu is a squad player and given our injury record we can't have too many wingers, but with all the talk of a number 10, it seems odds that said player might ultimately be another right winger. But if we were to move away from the 4-2-3-1 and not actually play with someone directly behind Rom, but rather 2 wingers supporting him and them 2 more central midfielders just behind that (eg like the Southampton game) then it might make sense.
I agree, I think we will see a lot of 433 this season. Makes sense with Kone and Del off the bench as well

Yarmolenko on the right and Mirallas on the left with Coleman and Baines overlapping outside of them is pure sex.

With quality like that in the final third I can forgive two DMs to make sure we're not done on the counter. Still leaves room for Barkley in the middle as well to help with the transition from defence to attack (the strongest part of his game IMO).

If we go with the above Deulofeu should make it his mission to unseat Mirallas as a starter by the end of next season, and I reckon he can do it too.

Exciting times if this move comes off.

I agree, I think we will see a lot of 433 this season. Makes sense with Kone and Del off the bench as well

We kind of used one against Southampton, except the wingers were sticking close to Rom (and technically none of them were actual 'wingers') and the midfield 3 were not all level (like I said, Barry anchored and Cleverley/McCarthy were further forward).

The problem is that, whilst that makes us immense on the counter (Yarmolenko would be a superb counterattacking player), what happens when we play stubborn, defensive teams?

From what I've seen he needs to play out right and cut inside which suits bobbys inside forward, he seems airly adept at tracking back aswell from what we saw in last years Europa so I imagine he could play with Kev in the same team..

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Barry
Yarmolenko Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku

Pretty flexible in a 433 there as well
That's what I think he'd have in mind with a solid bench when all fit with Joel Oviedo Deulofeu Cleverly Kone Besic Mori

Still leaves Osman, Pienaar, Gibson, Galloway, Browning, McGeady etc not even in the match squad so we do have decent depth if we pull these deals off.

We kind of used one against Southampton, except the wingers were sticking close to Rom (and technically none of them were actual 'wingers') and the midfield 3 were not all level (like I said, Barry anchored and Cleverley/McCarthy were further forward).

The problem is that, whilst that makes us immense on the counter (Yarmolenko would be a superb counterattacking player), what happens when we play stubborn, defensive teams?

They'll be chasing Mirallas, Yarmolenko, Barkley, Lukaku and Deulofeu around like Rocky Balboa trying to catch chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back