2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say townsend's performances for everton has surprised me. Probably surprised him. Obviously basn't surprised Benitez though, he went afyer him a d we all thought he was mad. Say what you like about Benitez, and i understand the animosity, but he is a class manager. Single minded and determined. He took dogs abuse at the Ya Ya's in west london but still won europa league and finished in champ league positions. Hope he gets you top 4 or at least top 6

The goal was the icing on a very tasty cake from Andros. Great bit of business for us.

He helped Coleman massively with handling Macneil all match, and didn't stop running for the entire game.

The cross for Mick keggers header was on the money and I loved how looked at the wing when he smacked the screamer into the top bin, after having a quick look at pope - I could watch that all night and not get bored - brilliant strike and performance.

Saw Townsends wife and two kids when I was leaving the stadium they were in a special vip area at the end of the park end stand with the see through glass and it looked like they were having a good time. Same direction that Townsend ran towards when he scored. Didn’t realise he was married to that Irish darts lass that was in big brother. She looked kinda like Ariana grande tonight I thought.

Roy Hodgson set them up terribly
Basically this which didn’t help him (and many others) but it’s a touch disingenous to pin it all on Roy, his overall career stats for Palace were 13 goals in 168 games and Roy wasn’t his only Manager. By the time he left I felt he was going through the motions a bit and appeared to be putting more in at Talksport than at Palace, one of those where a change was probably best for all parties.

Roy Hodgson set them up terribly
He really didn’t. It may have been unadventurous and stiflingly boring but, with the squad we had, mostly very effective. Interesting last night that in his post match interview Andros referred to what Roy was asking him to do which was clearly more defensive and, for him, less enjoyable. At Everton he seems to be enjoying his football again, long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.