Andy Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Player Valuation: £30m
I've been looking at other teams message boards after we've played them and I've found out that most other teams hold Johnson in the same esteam as Ronaldo as far as diving goes....I was completely oblivious to the fact that other fans felt this way about Johnno and I seriously can't get my head around why they think that way.

So, guess my question is do you think he's going down to easy looking to buy free kicks and penalties or do you think he's a victim of a media witch hunt?

Johnson is a major asset to Everton.

He doesnt dive, he just does brilliant to get infront of defenders, or around them to cause them difficulties.

Because most defenders are major dogs when it comes to tackling players like Johnson, they take a wild swipe or absolutely manhandle him and bring him down like an absolute dog that they are.

AJ is brilliant and isnt a diver, he is just lightweight and clever.

Fans are like sheep, they will believe what the media say. AJ was labeled by Wenger and Mourinho, the latter apologised over his jibe Wenger didn't and the mud stuck. His cause has not been helped when you get the likes of Kevin Ratcliffe accusing him of the same thing in live match commentary.

AJ is too small, he is bound to go down more easily than others and I suspect that he may have over reacted on the odd occasion, he has the label now and there is little we can do about it

He's not very big so you would hope he would be knocked over easier than a big guy like Ronaldo. I don't think I've seen him dive in the traditional sense of the word once. He may make the most of contact but it seems most players do that these days. No one seems to accuse Gerrard of belying his size as soon as he gets into the area.

I've been looking at other teams message boards after we've played them and I've found out that most other teams hold Johnson in the same esteam as Ronaldo as far as diving goes....I was completely oblivious to the fact that other fans felt this way about Johnno and I seriously can't get my head around why they think that way.

So, guess my question is do you think he's going down to easy looking to buy free kicks and penalties or do you think he's a victim of a media witch hunt?

Give over. He went over on the right hand side of the box the other day by lifting both his legs in the air and hitting the deck like a sack of spuds. Then knelt up and looked forlorn because he wasn't awarded a pen.

As much as I like the guy (and I do, although I prefer all our other strikers before him) I think he warrants some of his critics. Not all the time and it has been blown out of proportion, but he has and does dive (at times).

Wait while I get my flameproof armour on.

He does'nt "dive".

He waits for a touch an go's down like he's been shot. IMO

Arteta an pienaar both do the same, they cant help it. Its in their footballing roots!!

Just watched the Everton "highlights" on Everton TV and Johnson wasn't offside as he wasn't the player involved with the initial pass.

It would have been no different if he had been jogging back from a previous play and then got involved again.

Bad bad call and of course, the FA will do nothing about it.

I don't know if incompetence is the right word but it'll have to do for right now.

my pet hate is the 'pretending to show the card' histrionics. It should be a 10 game ban everytime. and if the referee doesnt implement it, the FA should.

my pet hate is the 'pretending to show the card' histrionics. It should be a 10 game ban everytime. and if the referee doesnt implement it, the FA should.

Totally agree. I now cant stand watching Spanish football on sky down to this sort of stuff. Always thought the rule was that if you do that, or ask for a player to be booked then this was a bookable offence in itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back