Andy Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading on numerous sites that AJ is ordinary, that he doesnt score enough. I feel this is totally undeserved and that AJ IS class. Thee problem with him is his willingness to run anywhere to get the ball. He got a reasonable amount of goals last season and on Saturday he scored with probably his only chance in the game. If you count up he clear cut chances he has been given by the team it doesnt amount to much. DM has to be at fault somewhere here for not altering the tactics slightly to give AJ a chance or two. Don't get me wrong DM is fantastic for the club but sometimes he can be found lacking with tactics. AJ is too selfless. It would be great to see passes going through for him to run onto instead of chasing down the channels all the time.

I think he goes down a bit easy but dont think hes a diver! He wouldnt have made much of career for himself if he allowed himself to be muscled of the ball and stood there with his hands on his hips. Lets face it coaches tell lightweight players to go down if they feel there ot going to reach the ball.

That said the aomount of penalites AJ has not been given this season and praticularly last is nothing short of what i feel victimisation, i really feel for the guy as though he may go down/muscled of the ball easily he doesnt get the justice or legitimate decisons he deserves.

I think the truth with AJ lies somewhere in the middle not a diver but as a modern striker if hes not getting to a ball in the area or is being roughed up inhis pursuit hes going down every time. But he wont get the decison!

TO be honest this is what lets football down be it Arteta( agreat player)or any other Everton player I get embarrassed when they make a meal of it,If I wanted to see that sort of thing I would watch the masters of this art Gerrard or Ronaldo could have added Rooney but hes that bad at it he looks like a clown(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.