Anthony Annan

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishtoffee

Player Valuation: £1m
dont know if anyones heard of him but this lad has impressed me, plays the defensive midfeild role.

Annan is 21, and plays for I.K Start in norway. he has already been likened to Michael Essien and has played with him for Ghana in this years AFCON.

the Ghana coach on Annan after the Ghana v Nigeria match when Essien moved to defence following the sending off of John Mensah:

"He has quality. A good player tactically. I think he plays well and he bossed the midfield with Muntari when we were playing with ten men. He has the potential to improve,” commented Le Roy on his young midfielder’s influence."

what do you guys think?

We should always be on the lookout for up and coming players.

My question was how many clubs in Europe had scouts at the ANC?

I'm guessing quite a lot.

hes supposed to be the next big thing to come out of Africa.

hopefully we had someone watching him, but on the BBC gossip column chelski are already supposed to interested :(

And that's usually the issue.

If someone really is that good at that age, the "big clubs" have probably already made some sort of contact.

if we came in for him offering champions league football and regular 1st team action** do you think he would sign over a team he may not even make the bench? sadly a lot of players do but i would love to see him brought in in the summer.

** especially as we dont know how long Carsley will be here. he nearly joined wigan last summer and im not shure how long his contract is, anybody know?

I think there is alot of talent in the ANC at the moment, and i'm sure Moyes is keeping tabs on a few.

The one big problem with this must be the fact that every footballing bank role aceoss Europe will be trying to skim off the best. It is a pity no leading lights have emerged from Nigeria, we at least do have some influence in that squad(y)(y)

Hasnt he been linked with Chelsea already!

Was always curious how a lot of African Footballers end up in Scandinavia Obi Mikel was there too in Scandinavia i mean!

If we're going to get this kind of player we need to get him way before he competes in the ANC. By the time he's there he will already be on the radar of the Arsenal's of this world.

problem is if Arsenal cant spot him before he goes to AFCON how are we? id be gutted if he went to chelski, they've already got Essien! can you imagine how good our midfeild would be with Essien, i realy rate him.

It seems to be all about connections. Wenger does well in Africa because of old French colonial links there. I read a few days ago that Wenger tried to sign Ronaldo but he went to United because of the links they have with Sporting via Quieroz.

Who you know is very important in life.

It seems to be all about connections. Wenger does well in Africa because of old French colonial links there. I read a few days ago that Wenger tried to sign Ronaldo but he went to United because of the links they have with Sporting via Quieroz.

Who you know is very important in life.

hmm...so we need to beat them to africa, send the scouts to Scandinavia!

Was always curious how a lot of African Footballers end up in Scandinavia Obi Mikel was there too in Scandinavia i mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back