2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think a loan out to a top Championship club, where he can play on the front foot and gain confidence and knowledge, would do him the world of good.
I think so as well, but at least Rafael is playing him or looks to be playing him. We need the depth, and it was Carlo who kept him but left him to rot. Hopefully Rafael kept him here for a reason.

FairPlay to him. Starting at Old Trafford when he hasn’t really been given any run in our side so far in his career will do him wonders.

Just having pace and being able to stretch teams makes such a difference - can see Benitez improving him this year.

Theres a big difference in his game this season. In previous starts he’s sparkled briefly then lost his concentration and his way. Benitez has obviously told him what he needs to and he’s stuck with it , upped his workrate , covered for Digne when he went forward and looked more involved than he’s ever been. A first PL goal would do his confidence the world of good.

I thought he started slowly but grew into it. First few minutes felt like he was playing under Carlo, Digne had a go at him and from then on it was like something clicked with him. Instead of going sideways he ran at them. Solid game today for him

Great performance. One or two extra touches when he should’ve passed showed his inexperience - but he’ll learn.

It’s great to see him in a starting lineup. Looking forward to seeing more of him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.