2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does, but its always with "contact"... whether its enough for a penalty is a different kettle of fish, but I could link to about 40 or 50 players who say "they felt contact so had to go down". Its the way players are bred now, anything to gain an advantage.

Its a sad indictment of the game today, rather then a slight on Gordon.

What Gordon tends to is not just go down after contact but unnaturally put his leg out so that the defender will clip him. That's a dive. And tbf Vardy has made a career out of it. He does need to reign it in a bit as he goes down all the time lately.

What Gordon tends to is not just go down after contact but unnaturally put his leg out so that the defender will clip him. That's a dive. And tbf Vardy has made a career out of it. He does need to reign it in a bit.

Like I say mate its a symptom of the current game and players who have speed.

Bred to do anything for an advantage, thing is the first one for me wasn't a pen, the second one was. Problem is with players who run at you with that speed is it doesn't take too much to drop them off balance, its just a great area as to what will be a penalty. well for us ill say a black area as its near impossible to get the refs to give us anyway.

We don't know if he's been told to go down easily.

It could be part of the game plan to move the team higher up the pitch.

Frank could easily tell him to stay up and he would do it.

What Gordon (and Richarlison) should work on, is the decision making and when to go down or ride the tackle and keep going especially when there's space to attack.

That's probably the thing that gets me, is that if its a 1v1 counter attack, I would get up as fast as I could and keep going....

No doubt a yellow and a foul but thought he could have maybe ridden that Trent Arnold challenge and been clean through. He had the beating of him. It was a free kick miles from goal rather than a good chance.

The Burnley pen was smart play. You have to pick your moments.

No doubt a yellow and a foul but thought he could have maybe ridden that Trent Arnold challenge and been clean through. He had the beating of him. It was a free kick miles from goal rather than a good chance.

The Burnley pen was smart play. You have to pick your moments.
Yep agree. Same with Richarlison!

For anyone understandably not watching tonight you can see how despite the lack of end product what Gordon did Sunday was massively encouraging. It isn't easy to be that much of a threat against the RS running at them.

It isn't that difficult given how high they defend. It's ideal for fast forwards to hit them on the break. The Benfica lad got in loads of times last round.

Gordon does like a dive, let’s be honest.
If there's contact all players are told to go down, or the ref simply won't give you the decision.....top players at top clubs do it all the time....

The worst thing I saw in the Derby was Henderson feigning agony after Richie kicked out (any impact was protected by his shin pads)....2 up, in injury time, and he was deliberately trying to get an opposition player sent off (a red card that he knew would likely cost us survival)...it was real snake behaviour...and ofcourse the commentators said nothing about it...

I’m not as upset about our players diving as I am about how crap they are at it? We haven’t had a decent foul
magnet since Arteta :/

Status
Not open for further replies.