2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s a leap? Seriously like, people are playing in champions league and World Cup finals at his age let’s not make out like asking him to take a free kick at Watford is asking too much.

I’m not saying it to knock him, I’m just trying to be honest and realistic. As I said, maybe we’re asking too much of him in relation to where he’s actually at, but we’re not asking him to play too much or being unfair asking him to take set pieces etc (although I wish we wouldn’t).
Even Lampard has stated that the pressure is far more in a relegation scrap than battling for titles, let’s face it he’d know eh? This is his first full season of continuous premier league football which is the hardest and most physical league in the world and it’s probably too much for him mentally and physically. I agree we are definitely asking too much of him

Once again let down by the system. I'll judge his final ball when he's got more options than Richarlison being marked by 3 men in the box.

Always looks absolutely knackered after 70 minutes though. Baffles me how the coaches haven't picked up on this and brought on fresh legs.

That is where Gordon falls short. What a turn- and then he delays playing the ball way too long and the chance is gone for Richy. Needs better decision making in the final 3rd.
Exactly what I was thinking. Same could be said of Gray, final ball, decision making.

That’s a lower half prem team with them both starting in a front three. Gordon could improve the final ball/decision making part of the game next season as he continues to develop - he’s kicked on from last season and could do again next. If he doesn’t though, we’re not going to be any great shakes with him and Gray starting.
Do they? One of them is in a different stratosphere to the other and is in a league of his own at his age across world football, the other is about as quick. They are both at completely different ages of 21 and 25. They both have had completely different pathways through to the premier league and neither one of them bares any resemblance to how Gordon has or does play. You literally have no idea what you are talking about but please continue ?
I don’t think he’s saying they are similar type players in style or even on the same level in terms of ability/potential. Attacking players have all different styles - what really matters is end product, goals, assists, big chances created etc. those two players end product is way outstripping our attacking midfield/wide players.

Exactly what I was thinking. Same could be said of Gray, final ball, decision making.

That’s a lower half prem team with them both starting in a front three. Gordon could improve the final ball/decision making part of the game next season as he continues to develop - he’s kicked on from last season and could do again next. If he doesn’t though, we’re not going to be any great shakes with him and Gray starting.

I don’t think he’s saying they are similar type players in style or even on the same level in terms of ability/potential. Attacking players have all different styles - what really matters is end product, goals, assists, big chances created etc. those two players end product is way outstripping our attacking midfield/wide players.
? He did you know

He looked goosed tonight and should have come off. Don’t understand why dele didn’t get the last ten at least.

I’d drop/rest him or grey for a centre forward on Sunday and play richarlison on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.