2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be or you could say if a bid comes in for the lid and we accept you’ll have the preference to match it, or make a bid yourself up to a limit of £50 mill and you have a deal.

Feel a bit sick even writing that, where we are in the financial year, we don’t need to sell the lid this window.

They sort of have that option anyway though really?

Guy who broke Onana news said Frank has agreed to Batshuayi's profile, we are interested and Chelsea want a sale not a loan. Looks like Gallagher and Broja may not be leaving but Gilmour is and we all know Frank loves him.

Still think we should be pushing for Gallagher/Broja or both. They want Gordon that bad then we want something in return. Brighton done it with Colwill
yeah I saw that, just don't think it definitely looks like it'll be that deal at this stage.

Think Everton would very much try for Broja loan and money for Gordon.

But we clearly have no more money left without selling another key player. Its been shambolic

What a mess we are in. Needing our recruitment team to deliver the goods in a fortnight to help us stay in the league. I'm not feeling good about our chances

I think money is there mate.

Abraham was not/is not an elite level striker like a Kane or Lewandowski or Lukaku (at the time) so getting £35-40m for a player who cost them nothing and the manager didn't fancy seems perfectly sensible to me. Even moreso when you add the brilliant Marina Granovskia made sure there was a buy back clause included should they want it in the future.
Didn't realize there was a buyback clause on that deal. Makes a lot more sense that way.

I think in our situation we can't afford to hold on to a player with such few goals and assists just in the hope that he will come good. If there is a chance we can sign 2 of Gallagher, broja or Hudson odoi and Lose Gordon i think it strengthens us massively.

Like the hole on the wings that losing both him and Richy has and would cause. Maybe we could invest the money in bringing Raphina back to the Prem.

Depends if you trust the new process Thelwell and Lampard are going for?

£50m gets you an opportunity to flex your muscles and sign players who can still make an impact.

Look at the lad Southampton signed from Bordeaux for £10m at the weekend? Was great. There’s value, just hope they have players lined up for it.

Frank & Mosh both seemed pretty confident we would get in the reinforcements we need. If we don’t need to sell to improve the team I wouldn’t.

He’s got another gear, of that I’m sure. Will be valued at 60m by next year.
Can't see it personally, can't head the ball and certainly can't cross the ball. By 21 would hope be capable of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.