2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe they don't actually exist...

They do, like so many of our past talents, excluding rooney. People go way over board in hyping them up.

I remeber people comparing Barkley to gerrard, scholes and lampard at the same age and people staying DCLwas like a “ mini drogba” and that shearer had a worse scoring record at the same age and comparing him to Kane.

They do, like so many of our past talents, excluding rooney. People go way over board in hyping them up.

I remeber people comparing Barkley to gerrard, scholes and lampard at the same age and people staying DCLwas like a “ mini drogba” and that shearer had a worse scoring record at the same age and comparing him to Kane.
To be fair Barkley technically was on the same trajectory as those players, it wasn't his ability that was the issue. Just my opinion but he looked like he was going to be top bracket at an early age. The only one since Rooney that had people taking notice before he was 16 if I remember correctly.

I think a lot of it has got to do with wishful thinking on our part

Status
Not open for further replies.