2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

A bit unlucky today was just off for the goal and did a few good runs from an unfamiliar position. He works hard and tries but the issue is he doesn't provide enough cutting edge or make enough of the right decisions currently for a forward player, but he's only twenty the idea he's our star player is absurd, too much pressure put on a kid who has shown some potential shoulders. But that's the clubs fault selling Richy and bringing in nothing to replace any of what he brought so far, so the pressure has transferred onto him.

I watched an interview with him recently (during pre-season) for Everton where it struck me as him having quite a (imo too) high opinion of himself.

He was going on about how he's a very intelligent person and doesn't have many weaknesses to his game. Made me think that he's been given that impression by the miles over the top praise he's been receiving, then being handed the number 10 shirt when most other teams would have him out on loan, etc.

He's now firmly under the impression that he's our new big hope and without him we have no chance, hence why he's hogging most set pieces despite being utterly terrible at crossing the football.

Didn't enjoy seeing him turning up at training with a new Claire Balding hairdo. If you want to look like a knob in this division you usually need to prove something first and earn that right.

In any case, as you can probably ascertain by my posts about him, my opinion of him is definitely not as high as his own is, and I absolutely do not hold out much if not any hope at all of him being any more effective than somebody like Tom Davies is, ie. crap.

I watched an interview with him recently (during pre-season) for Everton where it struck me as him having quite a (imo too) high opinion of himself.

He was going on about how he's a very intelligent person and doesn't have many weaknesses to his game. Made me think that he's been given that impression by the miles over the top praise he's been receiving, then being handed the number 10 shirt when most other teams would have him out on loan, etc.

He's now firmly under the impression that he's our new big hope and without him we have no chance, hence why he's hogging most set pieces despite being utterly terrible at crossing the football.

Didn't enjoy seeing him turning up at training with a new Claire Balding hairdo. If you want to look like a knob in this division you usually need to prove something first and earn that right.

In any case, as you can probably ascertain by my posts about him, my opinion of him is definitely not as high as his own is, and I absolutely do not hold out much if not any hope at all of him being any more effective than somebody like Tom Davies is, ie. crap.
Hmm there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.