2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you remember he also stormed into Carlo's office which didn't end too well for him.
Lol give it a rest, were you there to see him storming in?
All we know is he asked to play more, which honestly is exactly what I’d want to hear about any young player, particularly attackers who need that confidence and arrogance in their game.

Crap start to the season though, no doubt.

Its a theme that runs through our squad.

You have DCL and Davies playing fancy dress up despite doing nothing on the pitch.

I get Messi, Aguero, Foden etc dying their hair bleach blonde to be all cliquey - the lads got a long way to go before he earns that right imo.

If you remember he also stormed into Carlo's office which didn't end too well for him.
"Hey boss, I'm not getting picked. What do I need to do to get picked?"

STORMING

I am not the biggest fan of Gordon full stop, think he lacks the cutting edge when it matters.

Works hard, but needs time to develop and I think there’s too much pressure building on him.

That said, he’s been played out position twice now, which magnifies mistakes more. He’s not a central player, he’s not a false nine. Play him where he’s meant to play, and you’ll get better performances.
At the moment he is throwing himself to the ground Richie style instead of getting on with it. Needs a kick up the. ...

I am not the biggest fan of Gordon full stop, think he lacks the cutting edge when it matters.

Works hard, but needs time to develop and I think there’s too much pressure building on him.

That said, he’s been played out position twice now, which magnifies mistakes more. He’s not a central player, he’s not a false nine. Play him where he’s meant to play, and you’ll get better performances.

True but he's constantly losing the ball too easy (whole front 3 are), it's not hard to win the ball back off him and his general simple passing is a lot to be desired.

His work rate keeps him in the side. Issue is sometimes...he's gonna have a stinker and has to come off.

Lol give it a rest, were you there to see him storming in?
All we know is he asked to play more, which honestly is exactly what I’d want to hear about any young player, particularly attackers who need that confidence and arrogance in their game.

Crap start to the season though, no doubt.

Got to remember Ancelotti is from a generation where younger players were cleaning the seniors boots and were seen and not heard.

He went into his office over a lack of playing time then got dropped completely and shipped oot on loan to the championship.

My post was factually correct it didn't end well for him !

Get what you're saying mate but the top players can adjust to similiar position's on the pitch.

Look at likes of Richy, Mane, Salah, Son - can play wide or central if needed and at least cause problems.

Gordon for me is a decent squad player but nothing more.

He's certainly better in the wide areas but the fanbase have hyped him up way too soon.
Madness, you are the only person in this forum hyping him up and comparing/expecting him to perform like mane Salah and son at this stage of his career.

You’re a nutcase trying to have a go at Gordon at every opportunity while worshipping rondon as king no matter how badly he did.

Madness, you are the only person in this forum hyping him up and comparing/expecting him to perform like mane Salah and son at this stage of his career.

You’re a nutcase trying to have a go at Gordon at every opportunity while worshipping rondon as king no matter how badly he did.

You're contradicting yourself there mate.

I've never hyped up Gordon btw - he's a skinny Adama Traore and nothing more at this stage.

He's still got a lot of improving to do, certainly. But I think the bigger issue is that AGAIN, just like with Ross Barkley, our recruitment has been so pathetic that we're relying on a 21-year-old from the academy to be one of our main players, with no senior players to take the burden off him or shield him from the spotlight. It's a simple recipe for ruining a promising youngster. Really poor.

You're contradicting yourself there mate.

I've never hyped up Gordon btw - he's a skinny Adama Traore and nothing more at this stage.
Why are comparing and expecting him to play like Salah mane and Son then? if this is your benchmark, our entire team should be sold.

Why are comparing and expecting him to play like Salah mane and Son then? if this is your benchmark, our entire team should be sold.

How about comparing him to Cornet then? Both wide players yet Cornet can play Central and score near 10 goals for Burnley.

Gordon hasn't that in his locker at this stage and I dont think he'll ever have it either.

He's more Lennon than Foden

More Adama than Neto

Ideally he’d be out on loan at a championship club but the lack of squad depth means he has to play.

He needs to cut out the diving and get a haircut.

He's still got a lot of improving to do, certainly. But I think the bigger issue is that AGAIN, just like with Ross Barkley, our recruitment has been so pathetic that we're relying on a 21-year-old from the academy to be one of our main players, with no senior players to take the burden off him or shield him from the spotlight. It's a simple recipe for ruining a promising youngster. Really poor.
Tell that to Rooney. Gordon has lots of ability but in my opinion is ruining himself by trying for fouls instead of getting on with it. Apeing Richie rather than being himself. Being 'professional' is not doing him any good I think. You don't see Iwobi collapsing at each touch and he is proving MOM each game. I hope Gordon works out of course but as we speak I can't see it.
He may end up being filed as potential unless he stops thinking and plays his natural game.
Thinking ruined Ross as well

How about comparing him to Cornet then? Both wide players yet Cornet can play Central and score near 10 goals for Burnley.

Gordon hasn't that in his locker at this stage and I dont think he'll ever have it either.

He's more Lennon than Foden

More Adama than Neto

You’re desperately throwing names around to justify your overblown expectation.

Let the kid grow, he is far from the finish product but at least he is the most effective compare to gray and McNeil.

Status
Not open for further replies.