2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing on this rumour is why the hell would Chelsea want him for that price? Not even vaguely the type of player they need at the moment

Apparently their plan is to invest heavily in young talent according to Chelsea journos. Hence The Villa lad at £20m with one year left on his deal and about 2 PL appearances. Sets the bar for prices.

Anybody advocating waiting a year for Gordon's value to increase based off of a successful domestic season seriously needs their head testing.

Next May he'll be a £8-10m player who played in most of our games as we either got relegated or again stayed up by the skin of our teeth.

Why would Chelsea who are a solid champions league team be interested in bidding 40 mil for a player now they can snap up for 10 mil max in 12 months

How does that make sense?

I'd also add that we get £40mill (plus add ons) it could free us up to actually spend up front to get players in.

For example....Forest are bringing in players every day like it's the best whore house in town, because they've got a healthy promotion payment to bag Maupay and Dennis. Cornet floating off to West Ham too purely down to paying money up front.

If that happens...you can see things moving quicker.

Sooner or later, Chelsea are going to stop spending money like it's going out of fashion. If we have the chance to benefit from their new owners trying to demonstrate their generosity to the fans, we simply have to take it.

If they've bid £40m they'll almost certainly go to £50m for a quick sale. Like that scene from Planes, Trains and Automobiles where Neil is bargaining for the yellow cab with the attorney: "Anyone who would pay $50 for a cab would certainly pay $75".

Selling richarlison and Gordon in the same window is such a bad look.

This won’t be lampard’s decision has he obviously is trying to build around Gordon.

Personally I think it’s a gamble either way - he might go on to be top quality or he might just tread water. At the minute he doesn’t look like he really has that quality that top attackers do.

If you said that we’d get 50 million for him and reinvents that in players of the quality of gallagher, Broja, terrier than in our current situation it’s a no brainer.

I'd also add that we get £40mill (plus add one) it could free us up to actually spend up front to get players in.

For example....Forest are bringing in players every day like it's the best whore house in town, because they've got a healthy promotion payment to bag Maupay and Dennis. Cornet floating off to West Ham too purely down to paying money up front.

If that happens...you can see things moving quicker.
Add ons, as long as its not goals and assists as I can't see us making much there

not-sale-red-rubber-stamp-over-white-background-86667658.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.