2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd personally tell Chelsea to being so [Poor language removed] daft!!
20million and he's yours!!
He may very well do better at Chelsea,but for me,he's been hyped up and not justified the hype.
I won't be sad to see any of last seasons players leave. Gordon leaving will not make us worse!!!

If it's £40m+ with a sell on, you have to forget he's a lad who came through the academy and think...

Will we realistically be able to sell for much more in the future?
Can we significantly improve the team with the £ from the sale?

It's years of mismanagement coming home to roost. Everton are no longer close to winning that 7th place trophy. There is a genuine danger of relegation this season. This transfer, if done correctly, could right a lopsided ship.

I understand. Still , I strongly believe It’s a friggin disgrace how Everton have been allowed to become like this. Shameful.

Selling from a position of weakness in terms of squad depth in the attacking third and our financial situation, coupled with the very obvious upside the lad has is another indictment against the directors and ownership of this club.

You do a deal, only if, a) you're able to keep Gordon on loan until next season and b) you're picking up someone from Chelsea with an option to buy.
I don't agree. 40m is a huge premium on a player who to this point has not shown a whole lot of tangible ability at this level. Yes he is young and can kick on but you can reinvest that in at least one but probably multiple players who fit that description.

Brighton did and are doing ok
Difference is Brighton have fully embraced/know their place in the football pyramid and structure their club and business model around it. We seem to be too wedded to sentimentality at best/delusion at worst to operate like that.

(plus, ya know, the small matter of Brighton being extremely competent and proficient in the transfer market whilst our lot of execs are mostly donkeys).

All these shouts to sell AG. There's a whole heap of other players that offer far less than AG that deserve the excitement that this potential transfer seems to be generating. The players last season voted him as the player of the year but keyboard warriors say get rid. You'd swear we had a heap of world class players banging down the door to play for Everton.

I like him, I do. I didn't think he was going to be a player in this league at all a year ago.

To not take 40 million profit for our books and invest in some players with more end product and goals would be criminal.
Fully agree. We have to take emotions out of it that he is come through the youth academy and is a blue. We need 3 more players in starting 11 for me. This sale could do that. We need goals and assists.

Can't be arsed scrolling all the way back, just been told Chelsea have bid 40m for him though?

I like the lad, but for that I'd drive him down myself

All these shouts to sell AG. There's a whole heap of other players that offer far less than AG that deserve the excitement that this potential transfer seems to be generating. The players last season voted him as the player of the year but keyboard warriors say get rid. You'd swear we had a heap of world class players banging down the door to play for Everton.
There are a whole lot of guys who offer less than Richarlison too, but when you're where we are you sell at a price and 40m is over that threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.