2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not convinced with either.

Must be a reason why CHO doesn't get gametime
Wonder if it's the fact he got his reported £180k a week deal after about 5 sub appearances at the end of the Sarri era to keep Bayern away, and the rumoured attitude/big time charlie issues around him...?!

£40 million would no doubt mean that we would have to reinvest to just get someone decent to cover the loss of a first team player in Gordon. He is not surplus to requirements.

Plenty of players we should be proactively looking to shift, Gordon is not one of them.

This is it really.

The paradox of life though, is it's always easier when discussed in the abstract, as something you would do, or something someone else should do. Actually doing it in the here and now is hard.

If we can get more than 42m for Gordon, we should take that, and be grateful of the academy system as AG would be a real success of.

Hard no from me.

But if I was to entertain a negotiation it would go like this. We get first dibs of one of Gallacher or Broja, loan with an option. Keep Anthony and they get first dibs next summer at set price. I think all this comes from us being in contact with them around their players, Spurs we’re at it to, smelling blood in the water.

Id also make the point it doesn’t really matter when we sell him and I hope we don’t - if we sell him in the Jan window, it all counts toward 22/23, we could sell him before July next year and same thing.

Hard to invest in 'more young players' when you don't have much money. A £45-50m fee for one player might allow us to do that with several others.
We are obviously in talks with other players and i personally think thats without selling gordon. I hope so anyway. We will soon find out i suppose.

The thing is with stats that Gordon is on track to having as much end product as Pienaar had in his best seasons with us and is continuing to improve. Not far off at least.

Last edited:

Hard no from me.

But if I was to entertain a negotiation it would go like this. We get first dibs of one of Gallacher or Broja, loan with an option. Keep Anthony and they get first dibs next summer at set price. I think all this comes from us being in contact with them around their players, Spurs we’re at it to, smelling blood in the water.

Id also make the point it doesn’t really matter when we sell him and I hope we don’t - if we sell him in the Jan window, it all counts toward 22/23, we could sell him before July next year and same thing.

The potential of setting a deal up works, but it gives then power to negotiate it down and acts as a maximum price.

Status
Not open for further replies.