2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well say we agree a 50m for Gordon next summer, as effectively an option for Chelsea.

They are never going to pay more, and could say we wont pay 50m, but will pay 45m or whatever.

Well I don’t want to sell him. I’m speaking hypothetically.

Essentially what I’d be offering Chelsea would be a first preference, in exchange for a loan - agreeing scopes and fees in that I think is something that could happen or not.

If I’m honest I don’t want any Chelsea players enough, to consider looseing Gordon, but if I was being pragmatic, I’m absolutely screwing them.

Come on lad hes 20. Hes still a kid. He is still learning. He isnt going to appear out of thin air and be the finished product. Should Everton have a player in his place who is better. Yes.The reason we havent is the real problem here. Gordon needs time to work on his game especially the final ball and scoring goals. At his age he should be being used as a sub and learning.
Laughable isn't it. Apparently so poor against Chelsea that they put a bid in for him. Some fans.

Gets game time for the top ranked international team in the World , but not good enough for Everton.
He hasn’t impressed in the PL at all.
The fact he did relatively well in Turkey strongly suggests he’s just not suited to this league for whatever reason.
I would much rather take a calculated chance with someone who is new to the PL than on someone who has so far failed.

Well I don’t want to sell him. I’m speaking hypothetically.

Essentially what I’d be offering Chelsea would be a first preference, in exchange for a loan - agreeing scopes and fees in that I think is something that could happen or not.

How does first preference work though, if a fee isnt attached?

Anyone who thinks 50m in the hands of the recruitment team will be money spent wisely, is surely on a wind up.
Stop this Timothy, KT has done a decent job with recruitment so far, it must be given the whole window in order to judge him proper like, but I think so far we have invested the Richarl Ison money wisely.

I am not on a wind up.

Guy who broke Onana news said Frank has agreed to Batshuayi's profile, we are interested and Chelsea want a sale not a loan. Looks like Gallagher and Broja may not be leaving but Gilmour is and we all know Frank loves him.

Still think we should be pushing for Gallagher/Broja or both. They want Gordon that bad then we want something in return. Brighton done it with Colwill

This lad carries the team on his shoulders. Doesn’t hide like most of our crap players. But hey let’s sell him. Tell Chelsea to do one
Especially after them and Ross conning is out of 20 million quid. I’d refuse to deal with them again in all fairness. A club with no class

Sold Abraham, too. Weird one, that.
Abraham was not/is not an elite level striker like a Kane or Lewandowski or Lukaku (at the time) so getting £35-40m for a player who cost them nothing and the manager didn't fancy seems perfectly sensible to me. Even moreso when you add the brilliant Marina Granovskia made sure there was a buy back clause included should they want it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.