2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to break down those stats.

32 appearances, 11 of which were from the bench and 6 goal scored (9 in all comps)

6 in 21 and 11 sub apps sounds better doesn’t it.

It’s not brilliant but if he can get 10 goals + actually control the football unlike our other strikers, then we would start to see the team getting better results.

Fact of the matter is no 20 goal. Season proven striker wants to join Everton. We need a striker who has shown he can do it, but needs playing and potential to develop and make them into a 20 goal striker. Not only for our benefit, but for when we sell on.
Hardly a big improvement when it comes to end product. I’m fine with people complaining Gordon needs to produce more, I just find it silly that people seems to think broja will be the next end product messiah that Gordon will never be.

He hasn’t impressed in the PL at all.
The fact he did relatively well in Turkey strongly suggests he’s just not suited to this league for whatever reason.
I would much rather take a calculated chance with someone who is new to the PL than on someone who has so far failed.
Don't disagree and I was replying to a ridiculous post that he's "kak" .

You don't play at the level he does if you're "kak"

Whether he's right for us is an entirely different point. He wouldn't be my first choice.

I don't want him to be part of the deal but I wouldn't be shocked if he was.

I'd much prefer him as back up to DCL than Rondon.

Hardly a big improvement when it comes to end product. I’m fine with people complaining Gordon needs to produce more, I just find it silly that people seems to think broja will be the next end product messiah that Gordon will never be.
Which I do get the view. But try to think of other strengths he brings such as link up.

We would all love to go and get a proven 15/20 striker but it’s not going to happen.

Come on lad hes 20. Hes still a kid. He is still learning. He isnt going to appear out of thin air and be the finished product. Should Everton have a player in his place who is better. Yes.The reason we havent is the real problem here. Gordon needs time to work on his game especially the final ball and scoring goals. At his age he should be being used as a sub and learning.
Problem with that is he has been deemed fully capable to play first team football at 20 though mate, he’s been trusted and he isn’t delivering. Younger players are often put on a development plan and these plans dictate whether a player goes through a pre-planned loan stage for a couple of years ala simms/dobbin so they can monitor development until that cut-throat decision is made. Gordon went to Preston on loan and has since been deemed ready, rightly or wrongly. So to say a younger player needs time, 50 games into first team football - he needs to be showing that end product at this level if only in flashes, which then backs up the potential. It’s a cut throat business and I feel people are being all sentimental because he’s a local lad that came through the academy - when from a footballing standpoint we can afford to sit still and cross our fingers, unfortunately.

How does first preference work though, if a fee isnt attached?

Could be or you could say if a bid comes in for the lid and we accept you’ll have the preference to match it, or make a bid yourself up to a limit of £50 mill and you have a deal.

Feel a bit sick even writing that, where we are in the financial year, we don’t need to sell the lid this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.