2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you can't judge how much players will improve but in terms of how they perform in the Premier league he's better than Salah was at his age like.
For the sake of playing devil's advocate, one could argue Dele Alli was a world-beater at 20. Now he's backup to the likes of Gray, Gordon, McNeil and Rondon. Think we have to go on the here and now.

It’s the precedent it creates and image it projects to. We’ve always sold our best players in the PL era, we however always made sure we got a fair price and then some to compensate, we were always obstinate and “don’t want to sell“. We never sold two of our best players in one window, not to my memory unless it really suited us.

Now it seems systemically the Spurs and Chelsea’s of this world can come and say - let’s just throw them 50 mill and take their best players - be great bench options. What’s more sad is some are more then happy to grab the penny’s that fall from the CL top table.

If we do this, we are admitting we are on the same level of the Palaces of this world - probably worse as they had the gumption of realising what they had in say a Zaha.
The prospect of moving into Bramley Moore Dock with us playing in the Championship is utterly terrifying - and potentially catastrophic for the club

It's hard to be principled when the stakes are so high

Fair enough Dave. Sounds like you know more than me.

My own view, FWIW is that Bill is clearly now more involved, and surprise surprise we are back to selling our young players again. I dont think that fella really listens to anyone.

Far to easy for a certain section of our fan base to go to the default of blaming anything negative on Bill, it's ridiculous. KT especially will have a big say on this

If we dont reach agreement with Chelsea though we may forget all about looking at any of their players on loan this window. They'll 100% be using it as leverage to push this through.

I can also see lots of stuff Gordon can do but broja can’t. Gordon is the best outlet when it comes to quick counter, fast turnover. Gordon dribbles better. His direct running causes defence to break shape. Something broja will struggle to provide. I don’t see broja as far superior in every aspect of his game. I don’t see why we can’t keep Gordon and sign broja on loan. The desperation to get rid of Gordon is very weird.
But it’s not a straight swap. We would have the expiration that we would replace z Gordon with another and they play different positions so to compare both doesn’t work.

Nobody is desperate for Gordon to be sold but some of us can see this big picture on what doors it COULD open.

You don’t accept the first offers. No club ever dors.

You wouldn’t walk in a car dealers and accept the first offer they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.