2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
My other reservation with this is the rate of squad turnover. We’ve already got 5 new players in, and even without this sale we’d be looking at 7 with Gana and a striker. If Gordon goes, surely we’re buying a winger as well as a striker and CM at a minimum.

Pretty rare any side signs 8 new players in one window; there’s always concerns about the team gelling, and I doubt selling Gordon would be popular among the team.

With all that said, I hated so much of our squad last season that I don’t mind a factory reset. Most of them are proven failures. But it does come with risks attached getting so many in.
Yeah agree with everything you said. It’s risky to get some many new players in at once. Can go badly wrong getting them to gel all at once. But as you said the squad and most the first 11 last season are not good enough period. Pickford is good Patterson and myko are good. Coady and Tarks good experienced pros. They will fine settling in. It will be the forwards and midfield that will need to settle in.

My other reservation with this is the rate of squad turnover. We’ve already got 5 new players in, and even without this sale we’d be looking at 7 with Gana and a striker. If Gordon goes, surely we’re buying a winger as well as a striker and CM at a minimum.

Pretty rare any side signs 8 new players in one window; there’s always concerns about the team gelling, and I doubt selling Gordon would be popular among the team.

With all that said, I hated so much of our squad last season that I don’t mind a factory reset. Most of them are proven failures. But it does come with risks attached getting so many in.

The word "character" is what Lamps et all are using.

Coady, Tarko, and even seeing a glimpse of Onana seem to say they're looking at the right type

If we were going to be comfortably mid table this year I’d never entertain selling him. But as we look to be in another relegation battle due to some gaping holes in the team, it is certainly worth considering.

Would hurt to see him go but if it lets Frank bring in some forwards and get us away from the bottom three, well, I couldn’t argue. It would hurt a lot more to see us relegated.

Hopefully we can address the gaps in the team without losing him though. Onana came out of left field so maybe a new number 9 will too…

The word "character" is what Lamps et all are using.

Coady, Tarko, and even seeing a glimpse of Onana seem to say they're looking at the right type
Do agree with you there, even McNeil seems like a grafter with a good character. Perhaps this is one of the occasions a full reset pays off. Might help clear the weak mentality we’ve had as a squad for years too.

If we were going to be comfortably mid table this year I’d never entertain selling him. But as we look to be in another relegation battle due to some gaping holes in the team, it is certainly worth considering.

Would hurt to see him go but if it lets Frank bring in some forwards and get us away from the bottom three, well, I couldn’t argue. It would hurt a lot more to see us relegated.

Hopefully we can address the gaps in the team without losing him though. Onana came out of left field so maybe a new number 9 will too…
Nothing to suggest he is the main threat unlike Richy who can score and assist.

There’s a school of thought that some Evertonians have chased him out through their unreasonable scorn and that these same Evertonians are the ones who cry NSNO and produce the most bile towards their own club, when THEY are the problem.

They are also the most thin skinned so cannot take any criticism well. They are true Brexiteers of our fanbase, self centred and deluded, the emptiest vessels shouting loudest and unable to recognise their damaging traits in the mirror or even admit they called things wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.