2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly I see more in Patterson, I think Gordon looks busy with the ball but ultimately doesn’t achieve much, I thought this last season too. This season is completely unfair due to him being played out of position. It’s funny how people see the same thing and interpret it differently, I’m not claiming to be right by the way, it’s all opinions, but I feel like we need the money more than waiting for him to become a superstar which may never happen. But it’s interesting that if the bid was real and we turned it down then we clearly don’t need the money to do what we need to do

Agreed mate we all have different views and that fine, i respect that, ill go to to trenches like, but i enjoy different view point and they make me think.

I think end product is a loose thing - i think Anthony will develop goals and assists - though we certainly arent helping in terms of support - i wonder how many games he and DCL have played together. I also look at end product differently, i look at line breaking, progressive play, beating a man and getting in behind - Anthony is great at this and doing it in his first real six months of being a starter. We are woefully built upfront, he has no support, we ask an awful lot of him at the moment for a developing player - im not wholly sure its fair or fair to his development. I actually think in his short Everton career we have asked to much of him and asked to much sacrifice of him.

Last edited:
Tricky one this. Gordon is our future. But our immediate future is staying in the PL. Selling Gordon to Chelsea and signing Broja and getting Gallagher in on loan with an option to buy could we’ll give us a better chance of staying up then keeping Gordon.

Could have done with that 50mil
He should look at Rodwell (perhaps he can beat Rodwells record of 39 matches without a win) and reflect before becoming greedy. Rodwell had 3 England call ups at 20 but did nothing of note after his big move to City! At that age if you dont play every week you are soon the forgotten man of football.

No one on GOT is getting paid by the club

I would pay extra on my sub if foreverbore would stop posting

I always say I wont call for a manager's head in his first season....and I'm not.

Consistency.

Dave stop lying. This forum is a sanctuary of truth, honesty and factual information. Your months long unsubtle setting up of the new manager for a big fall so you can wage a war on him is a stain on this fine forum

Status
Not open for further replies.