2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the first bid came and got rejected in a matter of, what, 2-3 hours last night then I’d expect an improved and acceptable offer come in either later today or tomorrow

If the Turkish fella’s correct then we’ve bid on Guirassy already so we’re jumping right in to bring a forward in early this week for the weekend
Quite right. Rejecting the first bid right away is all part of the dance in these matters. Good PR for the club. "We are committed to keeping our young star!", when chances are well all know £45-50m will get the deal done if Tony G is asking the club for the move to happen.

If we got a proper striker in, and him being played in his correct position I don't see why not.

Some people are allowing recency bias to creep in with the Villa and Chelsea games as well I think.

Say he becomes a top level player mate - he'll likely want off at some stage so how much would we get? £70-75 millions tops?

Say he doesn't improve and is the same level he is now at 24 - we would get what £20-25 millions if anything?

I think £50 millions is a gamble worth taking in our situation - no guarantee he'll progress to a figure above and dont think he offers us enough at present to be turning down that kind of offer.

I was sick as a dog seeing Richarlison go for £50 millions but we'll replace Gordon easily imo.

Lies. Every manager has a say until a certain point.

They sold hazard the season he took charge, why? Because he wanted to go

Do you think lampard took over and went nar sell hazard??

If Gordon goes it's because the board have decided to cash in on him ( rightly so at the figures mentioned )
It's almost as if the owners of a business have a bigger/final say on such matters moreso than current manager employees, isn't it. Crazy concept......

There is absolutely no guarantee we could attract someone better. Our recruitment is extremely poor, and our standing in the game is extremely low right now.
Personally I think you have to take the chance.

It's a very scared to compete attitude to not go for it here. I'd like to think Thelwell backs himself.

1660574252703.png

Status
Not open for further replies.