2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a slight aside DCL, we have lost him, and not really recovered.

He was obviously a very important and good player for us. Another one people said wasnt good enough and holding us back. I'm really not sure how that is framed as being OTT or some major omission, but yet claiming such players are rubbish is let go.

I was very supportive of both Gordon and DCL, and that faith in both has been shown to be correct hasnt it?

You said he was better than Harry Kane ffs! lol

Ok.
I grant you that Gordon is not as good as Ronaldo, Ronaldo or Messi. 2 of them are amongst the best to ever play the game.

Lots of players get called world class, who are nowhere near that level. Kanchelskis was world class here for a season, but was not at that level.

At 20, Pulisic was a world class talent. It hasn't worked out at Chelsea, but he was very highly thought of. Again not as good as the 3 you've mentioned, but we could probably go 20 years and not see a player of their ability.
Pulisic is miles better than Gordon. My only concern with him is he has trouble staying fit. He's a much better finisher than Gordon.

Pulisic plus Gallagher/Broja for Gordon and we'd spend something like 15 million, that's good business there

And they think, that 4 goals, in a poor team, at age 20-21 is not a bad return, but one that shows promise. Which it does.
We are both guessing here, but I very much disagree. He shows promise and willingness to improve and work hard. If anything, they bid despite the fact he doesnt really score or assist much, gambling on him improving. That gamble might not be worth 40-50 million for us at this time, but clubs like Chelsea can afford taking that chance. Their track record shows as much.

We are both guessing here, but I very much disagree. He shows promise and willingness to improve and work hard. If anything, they bid despite the fact he doesnt really score or assist much, gambling on him improving. That gamble might not be worth 40-50 million for us at this time, but clubs like Chelsea can afford taking that chance. Their track record shows as much.

But it's a huge gamble. One of the biggest on a young player in PL history. So they clearly think he is highly talented.

Sometimes recruitment doesn't work out.

Do you think the people paid millions, have a good knowledge of football?

Yes, for the most part the people who get paid millions to scout and recruit have an excellent knowledge of systems, patterns, stats etc., at least compared to the average fan. But, as you said, sometimes recruitment doesn’t work out.

I don’t know why you’d argue that the recruitment experts know what they’re doing so Gordon must be worth the money, then say that recruitment doesn’t always work out a few minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.