2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully at it - he's looked disinterested. When Vill scored the 2nd there was a shot of him and there was no reaction at all on his face.
9877AF5E-AF1E-4BA4-824B-515BDE527384.jpeg

Uh oh, Mindhunter alert.

Heard he hates us mate and has changed his Everton bedroom accessories to Chelsea. His mums made up though cos they play in the same colours so she's saved money on not having to buy a new lampshade and those nice little pillows what people have at the end of the bed when they have more money than sense the bad teds
Hate them. Have them in hotels and you spend ages finding somewhere to lash the ‘kin things before you can get a kip ?‍♂️

But it's a huge gamble. One of the biggest on a young player in PL history. So they clearly think he is highly talented.
I’d also suggest it’s a huge gamble for Everton! The position we are in at the moment financially, makes it a huge gamble not to actually accept £40m + and if possible use the money to buy someone (or two!) who can actually put the ball in the back of the net with a degree of regularity!

Anyway, £50m+ and I'd sell. Would try and secure a loan (Broja or Gallagher too). He isn't worth that now, maybe in the future, but we need to improve our overall team now!

I love Gordon's flair and pace. But if we can get 50 mil for a player who allegedly doesn't want to be here, who's made 4 goals and created 3 assists in 51 Pr.L. games, we've got to take the money.

Kane has never played in midfield.

What he has done and shows how good a player he is is to briefly play as a 10 and provide assists as well as scoring.

The argument that you advanced at the time - that DCL was better than Kane - was absurd and gets worse with time.

I think other posters on here are correct - you significantly overrate our young players - sadly it can tend to undermine other very good points that you advance on other issues.

Back ontopic with Gordon. Yes he has potential but I am totally unconvinced that h will ever progress to be a top player.

Well that wasn't what I said.

I said DCL would do more as a number 9/target man than Kane from that point moving forward. I made explicitly clear Kane had been the better 9 at that point. I also said Kane was the better player. Just for the sake of accuracy.

Kane for a time was also playing much deeper.

I also stated with DCL, that he would be s good player for us, would score goals and we would miss him if he got injured. This is at a time when much prevailing views were he was rubbish, we would be better without him, and he would never get 10 goals in a season.

So where the odd view I get wrong gets clung too, there are probably 10 things I will say that are true, that people will forget or omit. And that's fine too, but if we are having a proper discussion, both sides need to be reflected.

As for overating players, I'm not sure. I was very keen in Gordon and DCL, but the rest not really. I was never really massively bought in by Richarlison, or Pickford, or Godfrey (although think he did very well at fullback).

As for Gordon, I think he has every chance to be a top player, which is why a club like Chelsea are willing to pay huge money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.