2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not being funny but Richarlison went fairly with a fast, no fuss or fanfare and straight forward type of transfer when he was multitudes better than Gordon as a player. I find it hilarious that the club are going through all this elaborate nonsense for a player that the majority of fans will happy to be rid of for the price all because he happens to be local.

If we get £50m for Gordon we can easily improve our team a lot. I don't see why you wouldn't take the money. Why gamble on his potential?

I think the clubs gone in waaaay to early giving him the #10 shirt and the whole 'starboy'? thing
Definitely take the money, imo. It’s not worth turning down that much money when all we have to go off of is potential. Other than a very good work ethic, there hasn’t been much to convince me that it’s worth the gamble. Chelsea can make a gamble like this on Gordon, they have the money. We don’t. We need money. Reinvest properly to improve the team now.

Also, I think the club giving him the #10 was to appeal to the fan base since we let Richy walk. They knew they needed to give the fans something to be excited about.

If that's correct about him not signing a new (improved?) contract put in front of him three weeks ago, with him reportedly saying he want to leave, how unsettling must that be for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.