2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the club is using him for their own benefit and don't care 1 iota about abuse. Great way to treat a young player and set a good example to future prospects!

Mate this is Everton, we've done it countless times in the past. Remember Speed and Ferguson.

I hope to hell he stays, if he does it'll be because he takes control of the narrative in some way though.

This gets done with the next offer let’s be honest. They’ve gone from £40m to £45m, they’ll just chuck a bit more at us up front and include a few more add ons and bobs your uncle.

Be absolutely daft not to accept it too. They’re paying massive money for potential that may never be realised. We’re certainly in no position to turn it down.

Spot on he was offered a new contract & has refused to sign it thankfully we have learnt from the Barkley debacle
No, he wasn't.

There's been no formal offer, it's been talks, that's it.

You are doing exactly what certain parties want you to do. Getting angry with the player when all this is, is business.

If he goes, he goes and we get a great fee for him. If he stays, he stays and we have a talented player on our hands. Don't get angry.

Spot on he was offered a new contract & has refused to sign it thankfully we have learnt from the Barkley debacle

Last I saw from the echo btw today so fed by the club, was that he'd not been offered s new contract only that discussion hsd taken place about offering one

It's usually the case with young players who have came through their local side.

But I have no idea what young Gordon's thoughts are.

Although it would feel unusual if Chelsea kept bidding even though the player was adamant they wanted to stay at Everton.
I just think most players are young lads who like their team-mates etc and like going to work every day.

It's made out in the media, especially in transfer season, that players absolutely hate where they are etc and don't get along with people, when it's very, very rarely the case.

Gordon's probably happy if he stays but like most of us - and I can certainly say I'd feel this way - wouldn't be saying no to Chelsea!

Last I saw from the echo btw today so fed by the club, was that he'd not been offered s new contract only that discussion hsd taken place about offering one
tbf the Echo are a bit better now at not just getting fed info by the club but Maddock's reporting is suspect to say the least. Feels like it came from an agent involved who wanted to pressure one way or the other.

And this is exactly what this article from Matt Law will be too.

The club should protect the player, I don't disagree.

But the club also need to consider if Gordon is worth turning down an offer of £50m+ for, don't they?

I'm sure it's in their capabilities to do both of those things, btw.
But if Chelsea don't meet what the club wants it leaves a permanent stain on Gordon's character. Plantpots on social media will never let it go.

I just think most players are young lads who like their team-mates etc and like going to work every day.

It's made out in the media, especially in transfer season, that players absolutely hate where they are etc and don't get along with people, when it's very, very rarely the case.

Gordon's probably happy if he stays but like most of us - and I can certainly say I'd feel this way - wouldn't be saying no to Chelsea!

No offence mate, but players have turned down moves to bigger or better teams plenty in the past.

If he wants to play and develop he will do so better here than at Chelsea - a team where De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku never got a chance and where Gallagher faces a season of 2min sub games

tbf the Echo are a bit better now at not just getting fed info by the club but Maddock's reporting is suspect to say the least. Feels like it came from an agent involved who wanted to pressure one way or the other.

And this is exactly what this article from Matt Law will be too.
There is a contract in the offing mate but the final details have yet to be completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.